Akro exhaust

Nutty

Reaction score
Right, before someone comes along and quotes my previous comment that you'd have to be crackers to buy the Akro exhaust for the new LC, I'll hold my hands up and admit it.:eek: I've ordered one as you can never have too much noise:D

On the test ride, it didn't seem as loud as the twin cam, and I like loud.:D So LED spots deleted from the order (too much meddling from EU as to when they can and can't be used:blast) and replaced with the Akro.

I'm prepared for the incoming torrents of abuse:comfort:beerjug::D

Good on yer........you pays your money and makes your choice. I'm sure your bike will be spot on and you will have many fun hours over coming months.

Man, you're burning some cash................. Good on yer :aidan

Seriously, I though it sounded pretty good as standard but if you fancy it and you can then why not.
What's the issue with spot lights I didn't read that.
:beerjug:

I think it's money well spent - the standard exhaust sucks

Why not?

But you do realise on dipped headlight the exhaust noise valve shuts? On DRL's it completely shuts down in Urban areas.

Trust me I cannot tell a lie.

Still cheaper than a set of panniers ?

Brilliant! I can now invest in an Akro for my 1200, do away with the luggage and stuff the pipe full of travel gear. Not too sure the Samsung Tablet will fit in with all the other stuff though ... still, I've got a hammer! :thumb2

Man, you're burning some cash................. Good on yer :aidan

Seriously, I though it sounded pretty good as standard but if you fancy it and you can then why not.
What's the issue with spot lights I didn't read that.
:beerjug:

You can't run them with the daytime running light.:blast

nutty you was asking about a wrapping service, this is my mate john, top bloke have a look at his work, join his FB i pick my TE up on tuesday and thinking of having something done

http://www.facebook.com/jg.autotints?fref=pb

Thanks:thumb Where's he based, as I'm down south, and a mate works for a body shop says they can do it:beerjug: I'm thinking a carbon wrap on those panels, along with the dark screen (that still hasn't come into stock:blast) should look :drool

Thanks:thumb Where's he based, as I'm down south, and a mate works for a body shop says they can do it:beerjug: I'm thinking a carbon wrap on those panels, along with the dark screen (that still hasn't come into stock:blast) should look :drool

hes in notts, im thinking same with the carbon for the big panels, mines white, any price on screen? :beerjug:

Brilliant! I can now invest in an Akro for my 1200, do away with the luggage and stuff the pipe full of travel gear. Not too sure the Samsung Tablet will fit in with all the other stuff though ... still, I've got a hammer! :thumb2

Soft luggage far cheaper and will pay for the akro ;)

Soft luggage far cheaper and will pay for the akro ;)

My hard luggage (new) cost me less than £100.00 and fits all I need in them. Just under £200 with the frames! :thumb2

Nutty - Done same thing.

I ordered my Thunder Grey TE from the same dealer with deposit paid start of November.

Expecting delivery next week?

Had my demo Tuesday and decided Akro was must have to retain the character of my TC. The LC is just too damn quiet!

Unfortunately - I'm taking a bit of a chance as I haven't heard the Akro in the raw as the dealer didn't have one fitted to a bike I could listen to.

Blind faith?

The fella's that have ordered the akro did you get any discount on the exhaust, reason i ask ive got discount on the crash bars but also like the akro so will ask what thy can do on the can.

Thx .

Can someone post some pics when it's fitted :cool:

Back
Top Bottom