New GS 1200Water Cooled

gsman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just done deal on white TE with luggage and crash bars and transfer my BMW LED spots to new bike, bike in dealers already, roll on next week.Two mates doing deals on White TE and thunder grey TE with luggage.
Roll on next week!!!

Now have to get all Twin Cam extras on for sale or e-bay, loads to sell, going to be busy.

:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

New bike

Enjoy your new bike. I should get mines 1st week in March (from Allan Jeffries). You know red is the fastest colour don't you?

:aidan

Congrats:beerjug: Why not sell the TC parts on here?

Just done deal on white TE with luggage and crash bars and transfer my BMW LED spots to new bike, bike in dealers already, roll on next week.Two mates doing deals on White TE and thunder grey TE with luggage.
Roll on next week!!!

Now have to get all Twin Cam extras on for sale or e-bay, loads to sell, going to be busy.

With or without the recall for the fork tubes attachments?

Roll on next week!!!

Aup
Which dealer did you use ?

Dealer

Rainbow Motorcycles Rotherham, brilliant dealer excellent service as usual!!!,:beerjug:
Mates both concluded deals, all pick up bikes next week.

TCParts

Congrats:beerjug: Why not sell the TC parts on here?

Yes might do or e-bay haven't decided yet, but got
Loads extras, seats, crash bars locking GPS mounts, bmw carbon splash guard, cylinder protecters etc, don't know which will be best, if decide here will post all in for sale section with prices, need to find out what value they all are first.

Yes might do or e-bay haven't decided yet, but got
Loads extras, seats, crash bars locking GPS mounts, bmw carbon splash guard, cylinder protecters etc, don't know which will be best, if decide here will post all in for sale section with prices, need to find out what value they all are first.

You'll sell them quicker here, with no fees:thumby:

Finally test Ride 1200GS water cooled

Well finally test rode bike, as take delivery on Tuesday, all gubins being fitted as we speak.

What a bike!!!!!!! Handles like a dream, very stable, quicker steering than previous models, drops into corners so easily. The power modes really made a difference, with rain mode, resulting in more gradual throttle, with full traction control.Road is like more normal throttle control , then we get to " mad max mode" sorry meant dynamic mode.in this mode the bike really puts a smile on your face, its brilliant, in fact the whole bike is brilliant no matter what mode, but dynamic is Extra special.
Took bike out at night in Derbyshire, temperature 2.5degrees at max, snow on side of road still but dry roads, slotted into dynamic mode, main beam on, it's was like daylight, LED,s are that good.In first and second bike wanted to raise front wheel a bit and who was I to stop it.Rode bike on all back whacks , we use for Rainbow GSDays,god they covered in shit, pot holes, you name it, and bike handled them superbly, as solid as a rock!!!!!!!!.

Finally time to take it back, however pick mine up Tuesday, can't wait, this is my seventh GS at its definitely the best!!!!!!!!!
:JB:JB:bounce1:JB

Martin you've not said owt about the main beam on the headlight hahahahahah :blast:blast

Main beam

Martin you've not said owt about the main beam on the headlight hahahahahah :blast:blast

Well yes it's true, I did ride for at least an hour with finger holding the switch that you use to flash main beam on so I could see,as I could not find main beam switch itself. After an hour I saw the light symbols, which in my defence where pointing away from me(are you listening BMW development?) , you simply push this switch to right to activate main beam, and pull back to go on dip.

In my defence is was very dark, I had not got my glasses on, and I was very exited, due to being in "Mad Max " mode ,.

I feel so much better for my confession , thanks Skywalker!!!!!!:JB

Yep i also had a demo yesterday pooring rain and my first thoughts was it will need to be something special to be better than this.

yqaseru3.jpg

Oh boy it was awesome it just blew my tc away in every aspect and the way the mph needle climbed up the clock was impressive to say the least, it was very easy to get carried away without knowing it however only issues i had was the heated grips these were poor on set no 2 was like no1 on my bike, the gear lever felt to inward with my small feet missing up shifts tho easy fix and every time i hit the indicator i would touch the sat nav wheel thus changing the screen on the bm twat nav so i would buy a 660 instead, it needs a rear hugger desperate i was covered in rd crap but none of the above are faults i could not live with and there easy fix to my liking and at 5' 7" stock seat on low set i could tip toe and was happy i really tried to fault it but could not and i would advice not to ride one if your not looking to upgrade because you won't live with a tc after a demo on the Lc.
I thought I'd have the akro exhaust but £840 ouch (nippy norm is doing em at £699 exactly the same akro) but after seeing one on a Lc i did not like it as it looked longer ! and tbh the stock suits the bike better and its louder than a stock tc in a nice way.

RDC Wheel Stickers

As the font of all knowledge can you buy RDC sensor stickers for wheels as half of mine has disappeared on my rear wheel of my new GS.Regards Martin:nenau

As the font of all knowledge can you buy RDC sensor stickers for wheels as half of mine has disappeared on my rear wheel of my new GS.Regards Martin:nenau

Yes you can - finger trouble again I see- polishing too hard ?? you'll wear he paint of those wheels you know :D:D

Back
Top Bottom