Tankslapper

fishburger

Reaction score
What is the story?red the different treads,does it happen when riding in dynamic mode?
No words from Bmw as I understand,vent to see my dealer yesterday,he said they had a hold on deliveries before problems related to the bolt comming loose in the front is fixed,they recived the tools to fix it yesterday.
Noting on the tankslapper problems is it actualy a problem,those ou you lucy who has ridden the bikes did you notice anything?

What is the story?red the different treads,does it happen when riding in dynamic mode?
No words from Bmw as I understand,vent to see my dealer yesterday,he said they had a hold on deliveries before problems related to the bolt comming loose in the front is fixed,they recived the tools to fix it yesterday.
Noting on the tankslapper problems is it actualy a problem,those ou you lucy who has ridden the bikes did you notice anything?

It's a myth. Dreamt up by the anti-BMW R1200GS LC league.

Obviously you won't find any around here!!!:augie

When I picked up my new (red) bike I rode it over every road imperfection I could find on the way home from the dealer - there was no hint of instability whatsoever, the opposite in fact, it is a great handling bike. I have the basic model without dynamic ESA.

My understanding of the 'lose fork' issue is that one was found at BMW during testing/inspection and as a precaution they stopped new bikes going out before they were all checked and remedial action taken to ensure that they couldn't come loose - this was done by crimping the inner fork tube to the thread at the top fixing (there has been a few pics posted of this). They even flew technicians over from Germany to check and fix every bike that was already here just before the launch - my understanding is that they didn't find one single lose unit (maybe someone else can confirm this).

When I picked up my new (red) bike I rode it over every road imperfection I could find on the way home from the dealer - there was no hint of instability whatsoever, the opposite in fact, it is a great handling bike. I have the basic model without dynamic ESA.

My understanding of the 'lose fork' issue is that one was found at BMW during testing/inspection and as a precaution they stopped new bikes going out before they were all checked and remedial action taken to ensure that they couldn't come loose - this was done by crimping the inner fork tube to the thread at the top fixing (there has been a few pics posted of this). They even flew technicians over from Germany to check and fix every bike that was already here just before the launch - my understanding is that they didn't find one single lose unit (maybe someone else can confirm this).
My dealer's chief mechanic is in Germany taking a quick course on the recall as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom