Accommodation in Poolewe.

Schtum

Iconoclast
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm anticipating a bit of difficulty with this. I need to get two nights B&B in a twin room or two singles for my 88 year old father and me on the nights of Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th of May so that he can attend some of the Arctic Convoys Veterans Reunion that's running at locations around Lochewe from 6th to 11th May.

I'm wondering if anyone has any leads or contacts. We're very late trying to book accommodation and the places I've looked at so far are booked up.

This is what he's hoping to attend.....http://www.russianarcticconvoymuseu...013-wwii-the-arctic-convoys-week-at-loch-ewe/

My father's 89 this year and in failing health. He seems to think this might be his last chance to attend and he's waiting to receive his Arctic Star Medal, having already received his Russian Convoy Medal from the Russian Government.

2013_MayWeek_poster.jpg

Attachments

• 550198_299633300150229_364765456_n.jpg
    550198_299633300150229_364765456_n.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 308
:thumby:

and can recommend The Old Inn for grub....but there's several other places.

In fact you'll pass one or two...and a chipper....on your way!

Bit of a dog leg 6 miles but lovely road
Badachro Inn.

Pick up some Aultbae Black puddin right fine it is.

:thumby:

and can recommend The Old Inn for grub....but there's several other places.

In fact you'll pass one or two...and a chipper....on your way!

+1 The food there is impeccable, the finest Cullen skink I've ever tasted.

I took my Dad over there a few years ago as he was on the North Atlantic convoys, It really took him back and he told me the last time he was there you could work from one side of the bay to the other just going ship to ship.... I should take him back again as he's 90 next year.

Just a thought Mike,
If you have a prob getting sorted out
What about hiring a motorhome for your trip? transport/and accom
Its just that we stayed up there in Oct last year in our auld campervan at the campsite (nice place)
Sy

Just a thought Mike,
If you have a prob getting sorted out
What about hiring a motorhome for your trip? transport/and accom
Its just that we stayed up there in Oct last year in our auld campervan at the campsite (nice place)
Sy

Thanks Symon - we've booked accommodation.

Thanks for the thought Gerard. I confess that my knowledge of area is pretty sketchy. There was, indeed a vacancy in Gairloch and I've just booked us in here.... http://www.auldalliancebandb.co.uk/index.html

:thumb

+1 The food there is impeccable, the finest Cullen skink I've ever tasted.

Hmmm.....the Cullen Skink was a bit cold, my venison steak was a bit chewy and the service was a bit sketchy.......:(

The POINT is Mike - what did Pater think, you are just the 'hinger on' :rolleyes:;)

He said that only half the batter on his fish was cooked. The lovely Corrine who runs the Auld Alliance B&B where we're staying here in Gairloch, pulled a face when I told her where we'd gone for dinner and said "It used to be good but it's gone downhill..."

He said that only half the batter on his fish was cooked. The lovely Corrine who runs the Auld Alliance B&B where we're staying here in Gairloch, pulled a face when I told her where we'd gone for dinner and said "It used to be good but it's gone downhill..."

Fish from frozen and hasn't been turned mid cooking in oven. :rob

Didn't see you on the telly - even recorded the news in case your visage appeared - dash.

Stay safe.

Sorry to hear it was no good......

Few years since I was in there.

Back
Top Bottom