Free Remap

Rasher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been looking into the various options for a Flash and talking to CJS racing who are keen to develop a remap for the Super Tenere.

If anyone can spare their bike for a few days a free remap is on offer, they need to do two things:

1. Obtain the raw data from the ECU - to do this they need an ECU for a couple of days.

2. They then will need a couple of weeks to work through the data and identify the maps and settings within the ECU

3. A Couple of days with the bike so they can run tests on the dyno, this will give a custom map for your bike optimised for both fuelling and ignition.

The problem with the "generic" flashes is they cannot cater for a different exhausts (you need to add a power commander) and to get the closed loop area sorted also required Power Comanders O2 optimisers, the cost of a Flash is about £350 and to add a PC-5 and optimisers with dyno setup is around £1000

I personally would rather have everything optimised for my bike, and not to have to plug other hardware (such as a PC-5) into the bike.

Once developed they will be able to offer custom mapping of any Super Tenere in a few hours at their workshop for about £300 - £400.

See here:

http://cjsracing.co.uk/mapping.htm

Why not lend em your Rasher
:)

I have been looking into the various options for a Flash and talking to CJS racing who are keen to develop a remap for the Super Tenere.

If anyone can spare their bike for a few days a free remap is on offer, they need to do two things:

1. Obtain the raw data from the ECU - to do this they need an ECU for a couple of days.

2. They then will need a couple of weeks to work through the data and identify the maps and settings within the ECU

3. A Couple of days with the bike so they can run tests on the dyno, this will give a custom map for your bike optimised for both fuelling and ignition.

The problem with the "generic" flashes is they cannot cater for a different exhausts (you need to add a power commander) and to get the closed loop area sorted also required Power Comanders O2 optimisers, the cost of a Flash is about £350 and to add a PC-5 and optimisers with dyno setup is around £1000

I personally would rather have everything optimised for my bike, and not to have to plug other hardware (such as a PC-5) into the bike.

Once developed they will be able to offer custom mapping of any Super Tenere in a few hours at their workshop for about £300 - £400.

See here:

http://cjsracing.co.uk/mapping.htm

Why not lend em your Rasher
:)

Several reasons at the minute, mainly I don't want to go down this route until the warranty is up in October - plus I would be happy to just leave it there for a few weeks out of the main biking season.

The other is time as I have several trips planned between now and July plus I don't get holiday pay so it would probably be cheaper for me to pay £300 for a mornings mapping than lose a few days running the bike / ECU to and from CJS

If anyone is seriously interested it is probably best for them to call Chris at CJS to find out exactly what is involved :thumb

Geoff at Hilltop can remap your fueling to suite standard or custom exhaust, no need for a power commander and It can be done in a couple of hours.

Geoff at Hilltop can remap your fueling to suite standard or custom exhaust, no need for a power commander and It can be done in a couple of hours.

I have spoken to him, but I am not sure he can sort out the fly by wire so I may still need a Flash. He said to remove the secondary butterflies initially (I had to point out it has not got any) he then seemed to think he might be able to sort them out, all a little vague.

CJS have a track record of breaking Yamaha ECU code and have done so for the last few models of R1 and R6 and are able to remap fuelling and ignition curves as well as re-time the fly-by-wire and crucially turn off the O2 sensors and remap the closed loop area - something else it seems not everyone can do.

I am actually on the look out for a second hand ECU so I could send one to CJS for development work so if anyone comes across a Super Tenere in a breakers let me know :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom