Quite quiet on here....

stanley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
To liven things up, I have an idea.

I'll go to the garage now; load the Classic up; and head off for southern Spain. It will be a good run out for the bike. Hopefully find some good and dry "scratching" roads too :blagblah

Looking at the weather right now- already missing the RT's screen!

More words and pics here http://birotus.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/a-trip-to-the-sunshine-all-aboard/

So, 1,000+ miles in.....
Missing the RT :-\
In fairness, the weather has been crap. An icey run from Stockport to Portsmouth, and mega wet weather in Spain. Tinnitus is giving me grief too. And the bike handles a bit weirdly; falls into bends and I'm struggling to hit my lines.
Think I'll gel with it better when the weather improves. Probably stick some pr3s on it too when I get home.

Need to remember to switch the traction control off before pulling wheelies- Pulling a nice one, electronics kick in, front wheel comes down, forks compress, front wheel's speed catches up, ASC switches off, forks extend, front wheel comes back up! I wouldn't mind so much, but the pillion thought I'd bottled it and shut the throttle!

Not much here http://birotus.wordpress.com

So, 1,000+ miles in.....
Missing the RT :-\
In fairness, the weather has been crap. An icey run from Stockport to Portsmouth, and mega wet weather in Spain. Tinnitus is giving me grief too. And the bike handles a bit weirdly; falls into bends and I'm struggling to hit my lines.
Think I'll gel with it better when the weather improves. Probably stick some pr3s on it too when I get home.

Need to remember to switch the traction control off before pulling wheelies- Pulling a nice one, electronics kick in, front wheel comes down, forks compress, front wheel's speed catches up, ASC switches off, forks extend, front wheel comes back up! I wouldn't mind so much, but the pillion thought I'd bottled it and shut the throttle!

Not much here http://birotus.wordpress.com

Great report.
Methinks you could do with a heated jacket and a taller screen.
Keep the reports coming!

2,000+ miles in now......

Got the handling worked out :) This bike flies. It's been great on a variety of road surfaces, including some steep and technical bits! Still in Spain btw.
The dohc engine is superb- better than the previous version in every way. Clutch is lovely and light (as is the throttle), brakes full of power and feel. Averaging 56mpg (panniers and pillion), looks great, doesn't use oil and is comfortable all day long.

BUT........ I've decided it's not for me :-\
I like cruising quite quickly, and I have tinnitus. Those two don't mix with an R.
I've taken the small screen off; that's made the wind noise better up to about 65mph, but then I find it a bit too noisy again. Wind pressure is tiring after a few hours too (couldn't do 800 mile days like I did on the RT!)

So- an expensive experiment!

A great bike, but I've come to realise that I like to do big and fast miles; with my dodgy ears, I'm going back to an RT.

Anyone want to swap? Or buy?

Back
Top Bottom