Santander to Jubrique in a weeks time

RobGreaves

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a free slot coming up and am considering ferry to Santander and then down to Jubrique (in mountains by Estepona) to see some friends

Has anyone got any advice etc. as this will be my first solo trip :)

1. make sure you get a cabin, not a seat for the ferry - it's a long trip otherwise.

2. Remember, you don't dock until late afternoon, so you really need a hotel/campsite no more than a couple of hours from Santander.

3. You need your lights on all the time in Spain or they'll fine you, you also need your original V5, plus all other docs.

4. relax & enjoy it, the riding there is excellent :thumb

Going there on Tuesday. I've been lots of times and it always is a pleasant journey.

I always get an outside cabin as I like a view of the sea but to be honest there isn't usually much to see.

The big ferries they use on the route are more like a mini-cruise ship.

I'd echo the bit about getting a hotel after disembarkation. You don't say when you're going but if it's soon there are some great hotel deals to be had along the coast.

Hard to beat Estepona. At least the rain will have stopped by the time you arrive down. Make sure to tip up to Benahavis. :thumb2

When embarquing on to the ferry, be careful of the car deck, especially if you have TKC or similar tyres on, the deck when wet is treacherously slippery.

Some of my best trips have been solo ones.......:rob
Enjoy!

T.

Back
Top Bottom