MK1 Le Mans headlight upgrade

desmo2

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi , I'm starting to use my old MK1 again . Had it since I was 19 and that wasn't yesterday ! Anyway , I digress . I'm sure there must be a headlight upgrade by now , using the std. shell ?
Any advice would be appreciated , Thanks , Mike

got a Z beam in mine, and it's a massive improvement over the 35w tungsten original fitment. and what wouldn't be? i still ahve one of those in my covert. the weak yellow glow oozes out of the lens, and barely dribbles over the front mudguard :D

glad to hear you can still buy the cibie, as i thought they went out of production years back.

got a Z beam in mine, and it's a massive improvement over the 35w tungsten original fitment. and what wouldn't be? i still ahve one of those in my covert. the weak yellow glow oozes out of the lens, and barely dribbles over the front mudguard :D

glad to hear you can still buy the cibie, as i thought they went out of production years back.

now i've got this image of an Ogri cartoon with malcolms headlight beam drooping out and lighting up the road 2 feet away... :D

now i've got this image of an Ogri cartoon with malcolms headlight beam drooping out and lighting up the road 2 feet away... :D

Yer not wrong, my Convert was 20mph faster on the same road if it was a cloudless night with a full moon.

HIDS4U.co.uk H4 Pro kit slimline ballast 35w in box used £55.
I can drop off Edin/Kirkliston Fri/weekend if you fancy it.

Schtum's link takes you to a Cibe Z Beam with a convex lens.

I had a Z Beam in my old RD and I'm sure I remember a concave lens - maybe I'm loosing it :confused:

Andres

My z beam is convex :)

..........just done some Googling as I'm sure my memory isn't THAT bad and yes, you're right. Search on Cibie Z Beam and they are all convex...........BUT.........I did also come across this which would seem to defo be a Cibie but I'm not sure if it's a Z Beam :nenau

LINKY

Anyway, that's what I had on my RD and mistakenly thought all Z Beams were like :)

Andres

Concave lens and some bikes needed the steel backing ring to fit the rim...almost certain I have a scruffy one lost at the back of the garage.

cibie certainly used to make a lot of concave lens lamps. often seen in huge groups, bolted to the front of "rally" minis, and occasionally to bikes.

Pal had a 'Kettle' with clip-ons, rearsets, bumstop ful lrace fairy AND a pair of Cibie' Oscars stuck on the side at crankcase level...dunno how he made it round corners.

Cibie Headlight, Osram lamp and relays (its that last half volt that really makes em sparkle :D
lights.jpg

Back
Top Bottom