Slea Head

richie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Allihies again.. but off to Asia soon....
Today's ride just went to remind me that I am lucky to be on the Beara. 1 it is the most beautiful and 2 nobody is here...

moto1.jpg

Top of Gap of Dunloe

moto2.jpg

Inch Beach

moto5.jpg

Ventry Strand

moto3.jpg

Slea Head

moto4.jpg

Slea Head

moto6.jpg

Slea Head

Hi
Great ride,Brings back memories of my trip last year, Did those rides a few times ,My wife was not so keen on the back going up the gap though in strong winds and peeing with rain

Dave:thumby:

One of my favourite places, a lovely bike ride with awesome scenery, great b&b in Ballyferriter and 2 good boozers :friday

Beara is the best...:hide

In fact of the five fingers.
1 Beara
2 Sheeps Head (Dunmanus)
3 Mizzen
4 Ring of Kerry
5 Dingle

Would be my ranking. Ring of Kerry would be higher but just too many coaches
I know you think I am biased but that really is my opinion.

In colour....
:D

Beara is the best...:hide

In fact of the five fingers.
1 Beara
2 Sheeps Head (Dunmanus)
3 Mizzen
4 Ring of Kerry
5 Dingle

Would be my ranking. Ring of Kerry would be higher but just too many coaches
I know you think I am biased but that really is my opinion.

:thumb
Are you out doing a "West Cork 2013" recce ? :augie

Manage to get a break in that area most years. Everything is great. The views, the fishing, the food, the beer and of course the people. My wife would buy a house on either the Beara or Sheeps head if I gave her the slightest encouragement.

Love standing on the rocks trying for the Pollack and Wrasse.

Manage to get a break in that area most years. Everything is great. The views, the fishing, the food, the beer and of course the people. My wife would buy a house on either the Beara or Sheeps head if I gave her the slightest encouragement.

Love standing on the rocks trying for the Pollack and Wrasse.

You can pick up some nice places now for very good money, the time is right, don't expect a quick return but I reckon that after ten years you should be able to get a good return on it.

Beara best but west of Dingle a close second - the Iveragh (ROK) good but not in the same league.

Attachments

• DSC_8822.JPG
    DSC_8822.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 60
Just back from West Clare/Galway/ Connemara ...we are lucky to have this on our doorstep :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom