White Power ESA shock rebuild

Smug

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone had success in finding a place that rebuilds White Power ESA shock absorbers. Most places that I've tried are not interested.:nenau

Hi, We used to be able to until BMW stopped WP supplying us the service parts! They do not want them to be rebuilt but to replace them with new units through the dealers!!:tarka

The problem is a leaking ESA front shock on my friends 09 K1300s. A new shock is over £800 from BMW.

He has bought a secondhand unit off ebay from America. When it turns up I will fit it and then send his old unit off for a refurb to a place that wants to take a look at it before they decide if they can do anything with it. They did say that they have a supply of White Power spares. Many of the places that I asked were not able or interested in carrying out a refurb.

The thought is to then sell on the repaired unit. If I have any success I will post up my findings.

Try this!

We may have just found the answer!!

ASA II Kit (Alternative System Andreani) – An alternative to Ohlins Mechatronics at an affordable price!

andreaniASA.jpg

The kit consists of front & rear Ohlins shock absorbers (S46DR1) which have rebound adjustment, are fully serviceable and come set-up to suit your usage.

The Ohlins shocks that come in the kit utilise the original shock end eyes and ESA connectors and wiring. This allows you to keep all the original ESA controls and functions in place just giving you Ohlins quality dampers and bike feeling without sacrificing your electronic adjustment possibilities! Check out this installation video! http://youtu.be/9a8S6hx7w9g

This kit is available for BMW R 1200 GS / ADV models and is perfect for riders looking to replace the original suspension with Ohlins quality. The great advantage of this kit is the highly competitive price of £1,599 (including VAT and installation!)

Order yours now! Call us on 01284 752102 or got to our website - www.ftrsuspension.co.uk/electronic.htm

Or you could try MCT of Stowmarket. I was in there recently and they had GS rear shock with ESA on the bench, just been stripped and serviced. The K bikes are similar.

Also look up WESA on the wilbers website, that's a Wilbers shock with BMW ESA gubbins. Worth a look I reckon.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom