Low seat for 05 1200

Mide

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to try a lowered seat on my 1200 if anyone has one and would be willing to let me have a go?!

While in Wexford Pat asked me if I'd tried a lowered seat on my 1200 and I said I had, having thought about it, I think I sat on a 1200 with a lowered seat before I got my 1200 and it was still too high. The whole bike seemed massive!

Having had the 1200 for a year now, I'm used to the size of it but think it'd be worth trying a low seat:thumb2

I'd rather try it before buying one.

Hi all,

I'm looking to try a lowered seat on my 1200 if anyone has one and would be willing to let me have a go?!

While in Wexford Pat asked me if I'd tried a lowered seat on my 1200 and I said I had, having thought about it, I think I sat on a 1200 with a lowered seat before I got my 1200 and it was still too high. The whole bike seemed massive!

Having had the 1200 for a year now, I'm used to the size of it but think it'd be worth trying a low seat:thumb2

If you're talking about a GS1200 have a look at this thread - mab was so impressed with the low Wunderlich saddle that he bought it (and the bike!) so I'm now GSless :(

I'm sure he'd be happy to let you try it - don't waste your time on the lower BMW saddle as they're very uncomfortable!

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332551

If you are in Kerry one of these days you can borrow my Sargeant low seat for a day or so - as Shortarse :aidan says don't bother with the BM one - serious pain in the :censor:

low seat

Hi all,

if you our in co down any time you our more than welcome to try my touratect low seat, i am well pleased with it :thumb2

Cheers guys:thumb

No way to contact mab! Gerry-I'll be in touch if we're going to be in Kerry:)

Thanks gsmadster, not likely we'll be in Down but if we are I'll give you a shout:bounce1

Cheers guys:thumb

No way to contact mab! Gerry-I'll be in touch if we're going to be in Kerry:)

Thanks gsmadster, not likely we'll be in Down but if we are I'll give you a shout:bounce1

I'll send mab a message - he's near Dublin, I'm sure he'd be delighted to oblige :aidan

There is a seat that looks like another seat but isn't that seat at all, fecked if I remember what its called.:D:D

Would it be a RENAZCO?!:hapybnce:

:thumb2

Hi..has Shortlegs sent you my number, I cant PM as I have not enough posts. Im based in Balbriggan and your welcome to try the Wunderlick x-low seat on the GS. As Shortlegs says, I was so impressed with the seat I ended up buying it (and the rest of the bike!)

Hi..has Shortlegs sent you my number, I cant PM as I have not enough posts. Im based in Balbriggan and your welcome to try the Wunderlick x-low seat on the GS. As Shortlegs says, I was so impressed with the seat I ended up buying it (and the rest of the bike!)

Passed on your mobile number :)

Are you sure about this?

Mide,
It might be lower (But not by a lot) but it sure ain't comfortable so you end up putting things on it which raises the height. If you can get it sculpted to reduce the width it will seem like your legs have grown so ending the problem
Regards
Matt

. If you can get it sculpted to reduce the width it will seem like your legs have grown so ending the problem
Regards
Matt

+ 1 i have found this with my sargent seat .
Its the Width that throws your legs apart , hence making touching terra firma
more difficult . If you can Sculpt the Sides it will surprise you.

You can Do all this with your own seat.
If you get the right upholsterer he will amaze you with the Array of
different foams he has as well as what he can do to the Seat width and height .

Keep Matts warning in mind , the more you remove the less comfort.

Bollocks are they very uncomfortable! I did the RBLR on one. Your arse is shaped wrong...shortlegs

Do you mean they are very uncomfortable? Or they're not?

Thanks a mil to mab who kindly let me have a sit on his bike today!! Defo better for reaching the ground:thumb

Just not sure how comfy it'd be on long trips:nenau

Do you mean they are very uncomfortable? Or they're not?

Thanks a mil to mab who kindly let me have a sit on his bike today!! Defo better for reaching the ground:thumb

Just not sure how comfy it'd be on long trips:nenau

That Wunderlich saddle has been all over Ireland, Europe as far as Bulgaria, longish days in the saddle and comfort wasn't an issue for me . It did become a little uncomfortable once, on a trip across the US where there were a lot of long, boring days in the bike and you had nothing else to think about but your comfort, or lack of it :comfort

Not extremely uncomfortable as expected from such reduced foam. Bonus is you sit lower behind screen and bars are higher. Not been a problem for me

That Wunderlich saddle has been all over Ireland, Europe as far as Bulgaria, longish days in the saddle and comfort wasn't an issue for me . It did become a little uncomfortable once, on a trip across the US where there were a lot of long, boring days in the bike and you had nothing else to think about but your comfort, or lack of it :comfort

Not extremely uncomfortable as expected from such reduced foam. Bonus is you sit lower behind screen and bars are higher. Not been a problem for me

Cheers guys:thumb that's what I was hoping yis'd say:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom