Bike hire Vancouver??

HangWongsSon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am after some advice on hiring a bike in vancouver so that I can up to inuvik via the dempsey and then back to vancouver. cheers

Hi All,

I am after some advice on hiring a bike in vancouver so that I can up to inuvik via the dempsey and then back to vancouver. cheers

I've been looking into this for next years holiday and the main choices are Eaglerider and Cycle BC. The latter have a much better choice of proper bikes, not just Harley's. Both can be booked through HC Travel so you're ATOL protected and only have to pay £250 deposit when you make the booking.

Hi All,

You may have some difficulty in renting if you are doing the Dempster as most rental companies will not allow you to ride the haul roads because of the remoteness and inherent danger of riding up there. I was chatting to a rental company in Alska last year and they put a minimum $1000 surcharge on the rental if you want to ride the Dalton or Dempster because of the potential damage:eek:

I personally would not ride the Dempster on a stock rental bike unless it was set up properly. The road is very remote, difficult and pretty dangerous so you really want to have faith in your steed.

This is why I ship our bikes out as it starts to make perfect sense and the costs really do add up.

Back
Top Bottom