New! BMW accessory-to be launched Jan 2003

simon thomas

www.2ridetheworld.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hot News!

News from the front.......

Photos recieved today (colour).....Adv post production accessory,

Side step arrangement (secured to left pannier frame..weight 1 lb)

to enhance Adv sales....distrubuters throughout europe are recieving the above product, to enable more veticaly challanged riders, safe access to mount/dis-mount.......its belived this product works off the 12v acc plug (hydrolic rams) once the side stand is lowered (ECC reg's 99) it conforms to all C+use criteria,
and has been endorsed by "The Riders Forum"
Purchase Price..£39.99 sterling. and is supplied in three colours,
Black,Silver,or White

Cheers
Simon T

Attachments

• rcc posing.jpg
    rcc posing.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 483
If this is not a fake, it has to be one of the lowest priced 'accesories I've ever seen from BMW. Anything with a motor has to cost more than that.

But' I have an even cheaper solution, modelled here by Sven:

Attachments

• finch2.jpg
    finch2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 202
Looks Interesting Simon

:)

Hi simon...
i quess its not a bmw accesory then ?....do u know when they are available?...i spoke to our local and they had heard they where in the uk, beginning of jan 03..
Does this also aid the pillion ? Looking at the photo?

Thanks, Bilko.

Bilko,

"...only the Germans..."

re: pillion, your guess is as good as mine, suppose so.

Did your dealer actually say he was going to stock them?

City Slicker: spoke to a guy at the NEC today re "step thing" and mentioned price, he reckons the motor is an extra (more money) and BMW had to keep the price down, as they're meeting german legislation about "physically challenged pricing descrimination" ie. they cant make stuff that will help "vertically challenged" individual and then charge them an arm and a leg (excuse the pun) :D

Eddie, what do you reckon?

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

you've got to be avin a larf, I thought they brought out the adventure for tall people so their knees wern't all crumped up by the standard GS

Is it April 1st ???????????????
This has to be one of the biggest wind-ups ever or the accessory with worst street cred. Can you imagine turning up at the local bike meet with one of these. The sports bike lads would rip the piss.............something chronic . Worse than the piss-taking at a GS Club w/end.

Ya know, if one of those had a rear section so that it could double as a step ladder, then all vertically challenged people, including myself, could use it at the racetrack for when one isn't able to be at the fence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick.

what about this

my friend was just a bit too short so we made him these..

he can tear around the carpark to his hearts content..

our next upgrade is hydraulic training wheels so he can get some extra lean in..

regards

pthagonal

Attachments

• gs0001.jpg
    gs0001.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 688
Re: what about this

Pthagonal said:
my friend was just a bit too short so we made him these..

he can tear around the carpark to his hearts content..

our next upgrade is hydraulic training wheels so he can get some extra lean in..

regards

pthagonal
Nice Photoshop work, dude!

Re: Re: what about this

City Slicker said:

Nice Photoshop work, dude!

thank you..

tis what i do... all day every day..

:)

now if only i could get the gs files in 3dstudio max..

mmmmmmmmm fun

Back
Top Bottom