Greetings from the northwest

reddishredneck

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'm about to become the proud owner of a new r1200gs te. The story started in April when,stupidly, I took the new gs out for a test. Doh!
I fully expected to be underwhelmed as my current steed was the awesome multystrada 1200 sport. I mean,how was riding something 25bhp down gonna be fun ? Haha. So,had it for 2hrs & did a mix of my usual haunts, mway,a & rough,b roads totalling 70mls. I was immediately impressed with the torque & low down smoothness. Then I started playing with the toys,brilliant. Into dynamic & a few handfuls,then a lot more handfuls & thought 'is this a trick,lifting the f wheel in 1st & 2nd?'
Then realised how incredibly comfy I was (had a hip replacement last yr so I have issues lol) . Loved the tele lever front & soon got used to that.
So took it back & spent 2 weeks thinking. Then thought 'what's the harm in having a chat with sales' I was sure they wouldn't offer me what I'd need for my highish mileage multy..... God damn those sneaky sales people, they did... So the deal was done & I had a 10 wk wait ahead :-(
However, got a call yesterday saying a customer had cancelled his in my colour & with panniers so do I want it?
40mins later I was at the showroom signing the papers etc. So, roll on Saturday , can't wait . Already got a weeks tour of Scotland penciled in for July :)
So, that's the story so far ....
Thanks for reading & hope your all well & enjoying your gs's
Regards, Tony

Back
Top Bottom