Improving front brake performance

quarryman

Reaction score
General request (as always).
I'm finding the front brake on the X stops you, but its not the greatest performer - is there anything that can be done to beef it up a bit?

I'm coming from the world of twin disc 4/6 pots so i suppose I might be asking a lot of a single disc twin pot caliper....

Assuming you have an Xchallenge or XCountry, the Xmoto has a larger disk and a different caliper according to the fiche. I can't see what the caliper differences are though apart from different colours.

Viv

Last edited:
4 pot caliper and a larger disk on the xmoto...

The brake systems also differ from one model to another: The single-disc front-wheel brakes on the Xcountry and the Xchallenge each measure 300 millimeters or 11.81´´ in diameter and come in each case with a double piston brake caliper, while the Xmoto features a four-piston brake caliper interacting with a brake disc measuring 320 millimeters or 12.60´´ in diameter.

Would a brembo 4 pot transplant work with the existing disc do you think?

Probably but you may need a different caliper mounting bracket. It sounds easier just to fit the xmoto caliper and disk as that way there is no need to make anything.

Viv

Could you fit the 320mm disc and use exisiring disc on a custom 320 mm hangar

Probably but you may need a different caliper mounting bracket. It sounds easier just to fit the xmoto caliper and disk as that way there is no need to make anything.

Viv

Fair point! Just got to wait for hell to freeze over so I can find one.

Don't have a problem with the standard brake misen :nenau

..... they seem to slow you down :D

:beerjug:

In their class i found them to be quite good :nenau (xchallenge)

Having said that a change of fluid and use of OEM pads did make a marked improvement. This was done at separate intervals so i can say both stages made a difference but the OEM pads made the biggest :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom