Tyre recommendations for an electra glide

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My Electra glides fitted with Avon Venoms at the minute. They don't seem to be too popular a choice and are not available at the minute through my regular on line suppliers. Any recommendations?

My Electra glides fitted with Avon Venoms at the minute. They don't seem to be too popular a choice and are not available at the minute through my regular on line suppliers. Any recommendations?

i think and only think that Venoms have been replaced with Cobras, Cobras were originally intended for V-Rod/Rocket 3 etc, but hear they have widened the range to include heavy side wall Glides...

or, could be talking shit....

:D

i think and only think that Venoms have been replaced with Cobras, Cobras were originally intended for V-Rod/Rocket 3 etc, but hear they have widened the range to include heavy side wall Glides...

or, could be talking shit....

:D

I have Cobra's on my Glide: good enough for the abilities of the bike / rider ;)

My local indie fits them as standard to all touring bikes, so most of my mates are running them as well. :thumb

Michelin Comander 2

Hi Rob
Just fitted Michelin Commander 2 really pleased can realy crank it into the bends in the wet they have a good review. i thought would give them a try
700 Mile up and back to Edinburgh scrubbed them in.
Regards Roger :D:D

Back to the UK this week for a holiday and want to buy a set of tyres for the 2010 electra glide. Where best to buy?

Got Michelin Commander 2 on at the moment but forgotten where I bought them.

Back to the UK this week for a holiday and want to buy a set of tyres for the 2010 electra glide. Where best to buy?

Got Michelin Commander 2 on at the moment but forgotten where I bought them.

It's a bit difficult without knowing which bit of the UK you're in, but if in London contact Essential Rubber :thumb

I had OE Dunlops - awful, especially in the wet (did a tour of Scotland in the "summer"!) - replaced on UK bike with Conti Milestones - much better wet and dry.

The Glide here was on OE Dunlop again but it never rains here and there are no corners, just like America, so not an issue.

A

Back
Top Bottom