Pillion Comfort

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What is the Super 10 like for pillion comfort? Seat comfort and leg position?

According to the wife the seat is comfortable, but I have gel inserts which does help, the only thing that she found was really uncomfortable was the lack of a back pad for the top box which I fixed with a Sun lounger head headrest. Hope this helps. :thumb

Ask me at the end of July, we have 3500 miles to do :D

So far so good, as in no worse than a GS, IMO their is a bit more room on the GS, but the OE Yamaha seat is better - although I still sent mine to Tony Archer for an extra inch of foam for rider and passenger.

SWMBO also reckoned the ride quality was a bit better even than the Wilburs sprung GS - now fitted a Wilburs to the S10 as the OE shock is a little soft for hard / fully loaded two-up use (no more so than the GS)

She also prefers the smoother engine, although some women may prefer the GS "character" - but you could always loosen the engine mounts is this is an issue.

Leg room is probably similar to the GS, but there is enough room to put some lowering pegs on for the passenger, apparently FJR ones fit with a little bit of tweaking.

,y other half has been on this a fair few times, grand, zero issues.

Picked upa biuddy of mine last week from his job, 16 stone and tall fella. Didnt even know he was on the back, just added a little pre-load.

My Mrs can now answer this question properly, having just survived 3500 miles over two weeks.

We had the OE seat comfied up a bit by Tony Archer so it has an extra inch of foam to assist, and a bit of re-shaping.

For the really long motorway days she still uses a stadium seat, a cheap way to ensure all day long comfort, but for the rest of the body we both found it very good, and the pillion is high enough to easily dangle legs if needed.

Every time we stopped for a stretch / arse rest, it was on my request, she seemed to be able to go pretty much all day long with nothing more than the odd leg dangle.

Solo I can go much further as I can put my feet up on the crash bars, or stand up, but normally my long legs cramp a little on a long run - again I can dangle them a bit on straight roads, but my arse still gives out after a couple of hours - but I have always struggled to sit still for long periods even in the car.

Overall the bike left us both fairly fresh after long days, and I never felt like I could not have ridden a bit further even after 12 hours on the road.

A belated thanks to rasher for this, been taking a close look at a 2nd hand S10, hope to get a test ride next week :beerjug:

Pillion comfort is fine. I have a backpad attached to givi box,its perfect.Pad came attached to box.

Back
Top Bottom