Iain Banks

Ronno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There's a programme about Iain Banks on BBC2 Scotland this coming Wednesday. I'd imagine that it might be well worth a watch :thumb2

Raw Spirit

I pre ordered The Quarry in hardback from Amazon. £3.99 with free postage. I told Ben MacFarlane and he got one too. A saving of seventeen quid. I then told GC and within 5 mins, the price had gone up to £10.99.

I wish I'd ordered the Kindle version at the same time. It was 3 quid. And then jumped in price too. This was during the programme so they must have realised they were selling shitloads and capitalised.

everyone seems to rate the bloke, so i think i will persevere with my abandoned copy of The Wasp Factory.

I pre ordered The Quarry in hardback from Amazon. £3.99 with free postage. I told Ben MacFarlane and he got one too. A saving of seventeen quid. I then told GC and within 5 mins, the price had gone up to £10.99.

I wish I'd ordered the Kindle version at the same time. It was 3 quid. And then jumped in price too. This was during the programme so they must have realised they were selling shitloads and capitalised.

Gordon if you want a second hand copy for £9.99 in a week?

everyone seems to rate the bloke, so i think i will persevere with my abandoned copy of The Wasp Factory.
Don't bother, its a bit fucked up tbh, took me 3 goes to get through it.:rob
Go with the Crow Road or Raw Spirit for a good/enjoyable read.

Gordon if you want a second hand copy for £9.99 in a week?

Ben, The last book you sold me, well, quiet a lot of the pages were stuck together. Did you spill a drink on it or something ?:green gri

Back
Top Bottom