Wickham square Boxing DAy

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Lots of bikes. Some old, unusual cars as well,usually!!! I''ll be there somewhere between 11 to 12:30 ish. Me in either orange full face Roof helmet [ all at work say it reads Poof!!!]or silver open face Nolan with 'camo' reflective patches. I fyou see me say hello.

MERRY XMAS

Wickam square is in the village of Wickam!!!!!!!! About 3 miles north of the M27, near Fareham, which is about 8 miles west of Portsmouth, or 12 miles east of Southampton. Once you find Wickam the square will be obvious. If coming from the south, probably signposted shops, or Bishops Waltham. The famous/ infamous A32 runs from here, signposts stating how many serious accidents recently.

It's on again this year. If I go it will be mid morning as have to go to Bournemouth to eat out with the Jesse James gang.

Ninja man will probably be coming. As I almost said, the only hassle is that I have to be in Bournemouth for lunch with the outlaws at 12:30.. Or in reality, back home to get the car with 'er indoors.

Bakerman, just spoke to 'er, not sure what time we have to leave. Get back to you, perhaps meet on route?

ELIMINATOR said:
Ninja man will probably be coming. As I almost said, the only hassle is that I have to be in Bournemouth for lunch with the outlaws at 12:30.. Or in reality, back home to get the car with 'er indoors.

Bakerman, just spoke to 'er, not sure what time we have to leave. Get back to you, perhaps meet on route?

If I can I will ride from ANDOVER, all depends on the hangover 01264 773305 HOME

Bakerman, didn't phone you in case you had hangover. See you there maybe?
I'm short grey haired with glassess, and pointedly will bw wearing a fluorescent green hi-viz waistcoat. Just going to phone Ninja man to drag him out. Maybe there about 10:00 ish.for about an hourish?.

That was good. Although it was heaving with people. Seems to be getting more popular each year, some of the vehicles were a Jensen Interceptor, Aston Martin DB6, Messerschmitts, old jags, Rollers, hot rods, steam engines, vincents, BSA, TRIUMPH, Douglas Dragonfly. De Tomaso Pantera, Ferrari. The list could go on, saw several Gs' parked up. Anyone from this site?

ELIMINATOR said:
Bakerman, didn't phone you in case you had hangover. See you there maybe?
I'm short grey haired with glassess, and pointedly will bw wearing a fluorescent green hi-viz waistcoat. Just going to phone Ninja man to drag him out. Maybe there about 10:00 ish.for about an hourish?.

no hangover, just inlaws comming for the day so helped out with cooking etc

SORRY

I took my 6 year old in the Car to see the meeting, pity it began to rain.

IMHO there were too many Harleys this year with loads of bling and leather and ridiculously loud exhausts, and too many scooters. It gets worse every year from what started out as a classic bike run / meet. One day someone will get run over then things will have to change. Maybe the police could close the road through Wickham past the square for the Boxing day meet and set up a detour through adjacent villages ?

If I had read this post sooner I would have made a point of meeting up and saying hello to you all, apologies for being so rude. I saw a couple of GS's there including an R80GS, some 1150's and a "faster" red R1200GS.

Maybe next year folks.

Back
Top Bottom