Help Please! Adv tank removal - half way done!

markyp

Hi - I have just followed instructions to remove my Adv tank but there is a rubber hose connecting the left to the right lobe. Cant see how to remove tank without disconnecting this! I assume this is a balancing pipe between the two lobes? Given I have quick release connectors everywhere else this seems an odd thing for me to have to disconnect and risk fuel coming out? I therefore assume I am doing something wrong!

Tank is nearly empty but I would rather not have to drain it.

Suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

your tank came as standard with a right-angled QD coupling on the pipe in question. If it's the same as mine, it'll be white in colour and located on the right hand end of the under tank pipe. It disconnects in the same way as the other 2 QD couplings (ie press the metal pad and pull the two connectors apart).

If you don't have a QD connector, you'll need to clamp the pipe (and then go & buy a QD connector - it makes life so much easier).

Mike:)

Mike - perfect thank you - it does indeed have another QD connector. Your quick help is much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Mark

markyp said:
Mike - perfect thank you - it does indeed have another QD connector. Your quick help is much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Mark

Have fun threading it back through when you refit...

Mike;)

Back
Top Bottom