Valeo Starter £99

<<Mark_C>>

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Another starter thread I'm afraid.

Mine failed yesterday 500 miles from home. Managed to push start to get it going at fuel stops but now need to replace. I'd prefer not to risk a Chinese copy but can't run to the Nippon Denso.

Read most of the starter threads on here but found no mention of this one from Wemoto. Appers to be a genuine Valeo for £99 + a fiver shipping. - £80 cheaper thean Motorworks. Seems like a good deal. Anyone bought of these?

Described as having reduced weight and better performancejust what the cheaper one's say....spooky that:augie

I fitted one of these german aftermarket ones to my bike a few weeks ago and it performs great.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221170246620

Quick delivery too

Thanks. I know some have been very happy with these, and I'm glad yours is OK but there are reports of quality issues and early failures with some of the cheap copies and I'm not sure I'd like to risk it.

If the Wemoto one does turn out to be a genuine Valeo I'll go with it, given its only about £40 more. I've emailed them to see if they can confirm it is the genuine article, but I have my doubts as these are about £170-£180 from Sherlocks / Motorworks and considerably more from BMW.

There was a new oem starter on ebay for £100 being sold by motorworks.
It said it had been removed from a new bike they had broken for spares.......that may be an option..

Thanks. I know some have been very happy with these, and I'm glad yours is OK but there are reports of quality issues and early failures with some of the cheap copies and I'm not sure I'd like to risk it.

If the Wemoto one does turn out to be a genuine Valeo I'll go with it, given its only about £40 more. I've emailed them to see if they can confirm it is the genuine article, but I have my doubts as these are about £170-£180 from Sherlocks / Motorworks and considerably more from BMW.

Dunno why you're worried.... starter motors are easy to fit and for £60 delivered, it's got to be worth a punt. Earlier motors might well have had thin castings but they seem to have fixed that a long time ago now - mine was nice and strong looking, has been in the bike a few weeks ago and has bedded in nicely. It's a nice feeling knowing that when you press the starter button, something is going to start rotating good'n'fast.

Other choice I s'pose is to get one from Woodmans(?) at nigh on twice the price (but still reasonably priced, I guess, comapred to the Denso unit)

YMMV of course

Bill

Back
Top Bottom