fuel injected 885 tiger

mikeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbra
couple of questions for the triumph bods on here,
the vacuum pipe from the fuel pressure regulator,can any one confirm that it goes to the air box stub by the throttle body i have one in with some running issues and want to check the basics first,
looking at the system i find it hard to believe any vacuum would build where it is currently fitted!
the fuel pipes seem to be transposed but unless i am missing some thing it shouldnt make any difference,the manual contradicts itself:blast
the idle control valve has a spare outlet to the leftside of the bike is it unused and should it be blanked off.
the running issues,
stalling when coming to a stop,(no idle)
intermittant power loss
intermittant hard start
intermittant no starter operation
temp gauge seems to read low
only fault code recorded fuel gauge a high(unlikely to be relevant)
live data seems good but fuel trim seems a bit high 16%
i cant work out how to post on triumph rat,
i will have another go in the morning.
mike

Hi mikeyboy

Can't help with your techie question but would you like me to copy and paste your question onto the Triumph Rat website for you?

Rgds

Nige

Hi mikeyboy

Can't help with your techie question but would you like me to copy and paste your question onto the Triumph Rat website for you?

Rgds

Nige
thanks for the kind offer,:thumb
i think i have sorted it.a combination of things,air box /idle valve seal leaking.
fuel pipes transposed,seal on manifold pressure sensor leaking ,air box drain bung missing.the joy of working on older bikes:blast
had two good road tests on it today all good.
will try it on a longer run tomorrow.:D

No probs, good to hear you may have cracked it, so to speak!

I rarely work on my 955i Tiger but every time I do there is a such a list of things to remember to make sure one thing is connected to the other, etc, etc. You can tell I am no mechanic :D

Rgds :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom