K75S front wheel bearing

The Grey One

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now that my K75 has done a few miles,and a number of mountain passes, I have noticed a wheel bearing noise at the front. The bike for those of you would did not follow my thread about the loss of drive, has 3 spoke wheels fitted.

The procedure shown in the workshop manual is for the standard wheels. mine appear slightly different and according to the Motorworks website have two different bearings.

Can someone advise as to the correct method of replacement please?
The wheel is off, brake discs removed and I hake taken out the circlip. Do the bearings press out and if so do I need to heat the hub first?

John

Hi John

It is best to warm the wheel hub, I think the manual says 100 deg C. I used a blind bearing puller to get the first bearing out. Just make sure the bearings go back in the same way. No adjustment is necessary.

Brian

Another method is to use a suitably sized rawl bolt tightened up into the inner race and this then gives you something to drift out from the other side. Heat it first though as previously mentioned.

Thanks for the advice.

Both bearings out, I heated the hub area to just over 100 c and with a little "asking nicely" out they popped. Just got to wait for the carriers to deliver the new bearings.

John

Back
Top Bottom