690R + Rally Raid Adv Fairing

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
Can't help thinking that the 690 with the Rally Raid Fairing looks the mutts nuts.

So much so am considering chopping in my 1200GSA for one. I fancy a smaller lighter bike.

RRP265-500x500.jpg

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk...nduro/ktm-690-enduro-evo2-adventure-kit-white

i agree, ive wanted one a while. i went from a GSA to a Sertao because i wanted to do alot more off roading.

Compared to the comfort the 1200 GSA offers, the 690 is not in the same league, even with the comfort seat the 690 is like sitting on a washing line. So much so, I'm considering chopping in my 690 for an 1190R, much lighter than the GSA and overall a much sportier ride.
If most of your riding is off road then the 690 would be fine, but in reality most of mine is on tarmac.

Compared to the comfort the 1200 GSA offers, the 690 is not in the same league, even with the comfort seat the 690 is like sitting on a washing line. So much so, I'm considering chopping in my 690 for an 1190R, much lighter than the GSA and overall a much sportier ride.
If most of your riding is off road then the 690 would be fine, but in reality most of mine is on tarmac.

i absolutely agree dont get the 690 if your nearly all road riding. dont go for it based on looks cos you will soon get used to them when its sat in your garage. if you plan on doing any decent amount of off roading then go for the 690, it will be like a dream on the rough stuff compared to the GSA.

I have been considering a 690R and had a test ride on one today - standard except Akro exhaust no baffles and SM tread tyres on 18/21 wheels. With a view to geting the RR conversion.
I experienced a horrible juddering from the suspension when the throttle is eased open, which goes once you get up to speed in that gear. It will also go if you open the throttle hard. Not what you want to experience powering out of a corner - juddering suspension or hard on the throttle.
Is this a common problem or is it just down to the suspension setup?

I have been considering a 690R and had a test ride on one today - standard except Akro exhaust no baffles and SM tread tyres on 18/21 wheels. With a view to geting the RR conversion.
I experienced a horrible juddering from the suspension when the throttle is eased open, which goes once you get up to speed in that gear. It will also go if you open the throttle hard. Not what you want to experience powering out of a corner - juddering suspension or hard on the throttle.
Is this a common problem or is it just down to the suspension setup?

not a common problem mate something specific to that bike,had mine for three years,RR first bike done loads mostly offroad with and without luggage,plenty of crashes cosmetic damage only no probs with tank kit or fairing still going like a train no problems

looked like this when i got it john of RR race bike

helennikonno1383.jpg

first trip on it
PA250008.jpg

tarted up

CopyofP4250050.jpg

now like this

P5130275.jpg

loz

There's a rally raid 690 in tri county at the moment. Been there a while - may be able to do a deal on it. Give Clive a buzz....

There's no denying they look good ... and handy for a take away pizzahttp://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

now like this

P5130275.jpg

loz[/QUOTE]

black and white looks a bit gay if you ask me

Hi all,

My 690R with the full RR kit is up for grabs,

IMGP0591_zps12135213.jpg

Drop me a PM if interested, I'm about to post it up on the 'for sale' section.

Cheers, Rick

COULD BE INTERSTED BUT CANT SEE IN FOR SALE SECTION AS DONT SUBSCIBE ,ANY INFO WOULD BE GOOD ,LIVE IN COUNTY DURHAM SO COULD EASY VEIW IT ,I HAVE CASH THANKS MICK

Hi,

What year is the 690 and how much are you looking for it

A mate of mine as just bought one and not wanting to be out done and all.

I don't live to far from you

Thanks

that is Simons. Still might be able to do a deal on it, he never rides it:augie

Yes it is :D It was stored there while i was moving house at the end of last year, which took a bit longer than expected :(

Its been out once this year but will get a "grand weekend out" at the HAF in Nov

Hi all,

My 690R with the full RR kit is up for grabs,

IMGP0591_zps12135213.jpg

Well it was grabbed thank you Rick, had a first short spin today, JEEZ what a bike!

Changed the screen for one I had. Black or as it was?
P1040988-XL.jpg

P1040981-XL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom