Super Ten suddenly lost performance...

Monty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seems odd, but my bike suddenly seemed really heavy and slow yesterday. Not sure if it is coincidence, but I had just been for a test ride on the KTM 1190 Adventure... :augie

Test rides are dangerous things.

I now really love my Super Ten and don't intend doing anything so stupid as to alter my expectations in such a way as to require an immediate £5k+ upgrade.

Two turned up to our Alps meet, very nice looking, I have set my sat-nav to avoid KTM dealers to ensure I do not accidentally drive past any on my travels.

Test rides are dangerous things.

I now really love my Super Ten and don't intend doing anything so stupid as to alter my expectations in such a way as to require an immediate £5k+ upgrade.

Two turned up to our Alps meet, very nice looking, I have set my sat-nav to avoid KTM dealers to ensure I do not accidentally drive past any on my travels.

Thanks for letting me know I am stupid. Always appreciate that! :thumb

I still love the Super Ten and it will be staying a while. I just think I will get a 690 Duke to keep it company for a Sunday thrash. :)

Matt

I still love the Super Ten and it will be staying a while. I just think I will get a 690 Duke to keep it company for a Sunday thrash. :)

Very nice, I assume you can justify this to SWMBO as a cheaper alternative to chopping in the S10, my mate runs 3 bikes and tells his Mrs it is to stop the depreciation on one bike being too high.

Seems odd, but my bike suddenly seemed really heavy and slow yesterday. Not sure if it is coincidence, but I had just been for a test ride on the KTM 1190 Adventure... :augie

You think that's disturbing, just imagine how bad a GS feels after a test ride on the 1190:blast

You think that's disturbing, just imagine how bad a GS feels after a test ride on the 1190:blast

Heh heh

There's more to life than an engine .. :D

I know the 1190 is quick, and yep, it's quicker than a GS, but if you and I went for a spank, yer trying to tell me that you would get from A to B quicker because you're on an 1190?
I think the reality is, that you just might squeeze the odd overtake in traffic where the pick up is just that tad quicker, but other than that, on the public road, mixing it with all the variables ... there'd be bugger all in it.

Besides which, if you and I went for a Spank I'd probably be constantly waiting for you ... :D :D

Heh heh

There's more to life than an engine .. :D

I know the 1190 is quick, and yep, it's quicker than a GS, but if you and I went for a spank, yer trying to tell me that you would get from A to B quicker because you're on an 1190?
I think the reality is, that you just might squeeze the odd overtake in traffic where the pick up is just that tad quicker, but other than that, on the public road, mixing it with all the variables ... there'd be bugger all in it.

Besides which, if you and I went for a Spank I'd probably be constantly waiting for you ... :D :D

For me it is not about being faster than anyone else, or even faster from A to B. The combination of engine, brakes, suspension and light weight on the 1190 are intoxicating to me. It was simply more fun than I had experienced on 2 wheels in years.

Matt :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I've no doubt that's more than true but can anyone honestly get a hard on with a Roundel on the tank:toungincheek

Ummmmm

I know what yer saying, there has to be that, open the garage door ... heart flutter as you see the love of your life quietly sitting there. And no, I don't really get that with my GS, and I have no doubt I would with say an 1199 Panigale.

I am most certainly not BM pissed, and would only get the right bike for what I want - and right now (one up, two up, holidays, bit of teaching, bit of occasional commuting, maybe another Spanish trail holiday, living with it, quality of finish ...) the BM ticks more boxes.

But yer right - I don't love it like I should .. :D

Ummmmm

I know what yer saying, there has to be that, open the garage door ... heart flutter as you see the love of your life quietly sitting there. And no, I don't really get that with my GS, and I have no doubt I would with say an 1199 Panigale.

I am most certainly not BM pissed, and would only get the right bike for what I want - and right now (one up, two up, holidays, bit of teaching, bit of occasional commuting, maybe another Spanish trail holiday, living with it, quality of finish ...) the BM ticks more boxes.

But yer right - I don't love it like I should .. :D

You're probably of fortunate character where there'll always be a light at the end of what seems the perfect tunnel.:)

Very nice, I assume you can justify this to SWMBO as a cheaper alternative to chopping in the S10.

Don't need to justify it. I am free to spend my money on my toys without permission. :thumb

Don't need to justify it. I am free to spend my money on my toys without permission. :thumb

Me too, I just don't have any money :blast

I know I would want one, but the Yamaha does do it all, with Flash and Suspension work is really awesome, loved every minute in the Alps, I think all it really lacks is the top end kick, but as I probably spend over 95% of my time below 5k I don't really need it....

... and I have spent a huge amount over the years buying and upgrading to things I don't really need, any future bikes will hopefully be additions to the garage and the KTM money would fill my garage with a variety of smaller bikes and modern classics, I could get a good modern classic, a decent commuter, or a lighter green lane bike for the upgrade cost and still have some cash to go out and ride them.

Yes, and on the back wheel while doing it..........:p

:aidan

Loved the 1190 test I did, and plan to buy one next time the piggy bank has some spare - but - I think the 1200GS stood up to the comparison very well on the roads I enjoy, and certainly sounds better.

Depends which GS. If it was an airhead it would feel bad but getting back on to a 1200GSA after a test ride on the 1190 didn't feel bad at all, and I didn't suffer from cooked legs either.:rolleyes:

Depends which GS. If it was an airhead it would feel bad but getting back on to a 1200GSA after a test ride on the 1190 didn't feel bad at all, and I didn't suffer from cooked legs either.:rolleyes:

Ah you're still here, I've missed your witty sense of humour :)

Indeed, but being stalked with contradiction's something I've seen the world over.

Normally by those who for a while were given permission to look down their noses at everyone, only later does their insecurity of actually not being the sharpest tool in the box become apparent.

Looking forward to your next contradiction because you know best:bow

It looks like you are the one with the insecurities, given your posts in the 1200 section over the years and your constant need to put people down to give a boost to your low self esteem.:rolleyes:

Ive sat on the new KTM but its a brand I simply do not warm to. Dunno why.

KTM has rugged and offroad in their DNA but for me, no thanks. Stuning bike their new adventure but doesnt tickle anything anywhere on my personage :D

Back
Top Bottom