STREET BOB

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So,

I stuck the Harley on ebay and had very little (sensible) response. A chap has asked if I might consider a part exchange with a 2013 Street Bob, denim black with black everything....

So.....

Would I be happy with a Street Bob?
Anyone who has one care to pass comment?
How different will it be to ride?
Would you p/x a 2006 1458 Road King Classic for a 2013 Street Bob?

Any thoughts or comments welcome!

:D:D:D

No, stick to it and sell the RK..if you were into Harleys you'd keep the RK...:thumb

I have a street bob in denim black, but never ridden a RK, so can't give a comparison. But denim paint is difficult to look after especially if you use the bike in all weathers. It marks easily and you can't polish it out other wise it goes shiny so a wash and wipe with a chamois is all that's required. This suits me as I like the look and hate cleaning, however the quality of the paint is really poor, only yesterday I removed the rear fender to touch up areas of flakey paint, but it was so bad I took it to a powder coasters to be blasted and redone. The paint appears to be applied directly to the bare metal with no primer, hence the first exposure to road muck and salt etc and it flakes off. Handling wise it's pretty good for a Harley however mine has longer Hagon nitro shocks which did improve the ride. The brakes are not great, single disc front and rear so they require a good squeeze to get the best from them. Get a test ride if you can it's the only way to make an informed decision.

You need to test ride one Steve being as they're a totally different bike to ride. If you were looking to sell the RK to get a Street Bob then fine but I'm assuming that you're not?

By selling the RK and taking something else in p-ex that you're potentially just giving yourself something else to sell on in 12 months time :blast

Looks very different to a RK . I'd guess it will ride very different , more like a Sportster with high bars , and very unlike a Glide or even a soft tail . I'd defo test ride one first . I'd be going Fatboy if anywhere after a RK:thumb

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yEVPs30dozk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks very different to a RK . I'd guess it will ride very different , more like a Sportster with high bars , and very unlike a Glide or even a soft tail . I'd defo test ride one first . I'd be going Fatboy if anywhere after a RK:thumb

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yEVPs30dozk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm impressed, just how did she manage to keep the same expression on her face throughout that commercial? :confused:

I can't imagine any kind of a Softail being an 'improvement' over a Road King, after all they aren't exactly built for handling. The Street Bob is a Dyna, which is built to handle (as much as any HD does), and is significantly lighter than a Glide. :nenau

All the same, seems like a backward step to me :confused:

Back
Top Bottom