Derbyshire Dales - Peak district

Moho-ZN

Reaction score
Morning all,
Taking the bike up to the Peak district tomorrow for the night (2up), staying just outside Mansfield, barely off the M1.
Between there and the Dales, are there any particular roads to avoid (Ive seen a few threads about cameras), and any you highly recommend?
We enjoy sweeping roads, with great views, and would like to get some photography in too.
Many thanks,
Ryan & Von

A6 through Buxton , Bakewell to Matlock bath is sublimeThere is a large festival on the A515 at the moment so pretty busy.
There are plenty of cameras in various guises so my advice would just to be vigilant.
Cat and fiddle is also well worth visiting , although they were rennonvating their kitchen so food could be limited , however the road is great , as is the A53 to Leek from Buxton.
Derwent valley via Bamford and onto the Snake pass is another great route
Enjoy :thumb

A6 through Buxton , Bakewell to Matlock bath is sublimeThere is a large festival on the A515 at the moment so pretty busy.
There are plenty of cameras in various guises so my advice would just to be vigilant.
Cat and fiddle is also well worth visiting , although they were rennonvating their kitchen so food could be limited , however the road is great , as is the A53 to Leek from Buxton.
Derwent valley via Bamford and onto the Snake pass is another great route
Enjoy :thumb

Thanks FatBob, will try them all if I can!

this is a nice little route for you from mansfield and back to mansfield if thats your base.in no particular order it takes in matlock, ladybower, snake pass, bakewell,chatsworth house, carsington water, belper, edale and castleton with blue jon mines if you just drop off the route a little, a mix of all sorts of roads and views. copy and paste the whole link into your address bar . i could give you loads more of ideas as its my home turff.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sadd...;FcXxKQMdVH_q_w&mra=mi&mrsp=18&sz=10&t=m&z=11

Last edited:
if you take out the bit from mansfield to alfreton thats a typical sunday morning run for me and a couple of mates.

if you take out the bit from mansfield to alfreton thats a typical sunday morning run for me and a couple of mates.

Thanks mate. Only had Saturday to ride, and we basically did your route, but substituted snake pass to Glossop, by going to buxton and back on the A6.
Really enjoyable ride, and we will plan on doing snake pass next time, when its a little cooler and not so busy.

You lucky to live in such a beautiful area!

Thanks mate. Only had Saturday to ride, and we basically did your route, but substituted snake pass to Glossop, by going to buxton and back on the A6.
Really enjoyable ride, and we will plan on doing snake pass next time, when its a little cooler and not so busy.

You lucky to live in such a beautiful area!

You need to try West Wales then boyyo

This is a route and a half!!

88 miles in 3 hours!

And technically 2 of the best roads in Mid Wales!

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sadd...A3G_ynBdpA0Da1vSDFZ6yh5-YfGzQ&mra=ls&t=m&z=12

Check it out?

Back
Top Bottom