EWS and Fuel Pump Electrics

Wreford Miles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's been recomended that I dont travel with out spares of these, would you agree?

Also what about the plastic extended head guards for the HP2 are they worth having (I assume they'll fit my MM)

Cheers

:thumb2

The plastic head guards are fairly cheap for BMW prices, about £45 per side last time I bought one and you would also need to buy the metal mounting brackets if you are not replacing the originals. OK if the bike falls over as it saves damaging the cylinder head, but if you throw it down the road :blast they won't last long.

I take a spare FPC with me but I've never heard of one failing, or the antenna ring, not even sure where the FPC is fitted on the bike. The only problem I've had out on the road (besides running out of fuel) was the side stand switch, but that's easily fixed, even if it was chucking it down with rain at the time. :rolleyes:

Plastic head guards - does your MM have an "up" TPS (as the HP2E) where they'll fit or "down" TPS as on the GS where they wont.

Got about 45k on my HP and no issues with the EWS - never bothered carrying a spare :thumb2

As for the plastic OEM guards - it's what I've settled on. They're very much sacrificial but still quite effective and not very likely to damage the bike, unlike the metal protectors which can damage the engine.

I did run with the carbon covers for a while - effective, and looked great... but too expensive for something that's meant to be sacrificial and therefore replaced regularly!

Back
Top Bottom