Aftermarket Exhaust Upgrade

Banzai600

Reaction score
Guy i know has a FULL arrow / akrapovic system, cant remember :rolleyes: ( only talking to him a few hrs ago ).

Anyway, cost him close to 800 eur, but he moved the bike on.

A) whats it worth in Euro / Stg ?

B) can i run the bike with the can only ?

He says when he had the full system on it ran a little rough down low but midrange and uptop was fine. Id like it to run smoother everywhere - will need a power commander if thats the case with the full system install.. I dont want to go to that expense.

An ECU reflash Id rather not do at the moment.

What ya's reckon ?

I just have the arrow can, I did have the entire system but was way too loud and I didn't want to spend more on an ECU flash to get it to run right.
You can fit any tail pipe and it will sound better and add a few horses.

Guy i know has a FULL arrow / akrapovic system, cant remember :rolleyes: ( only talking to him a few hrs ago ).

Anyway, cost him close to 800 eur, but he moved the bike on.

A) whats it worth in Euro / Stg ?

B) can i run the bike with the can only ?

He says when he had the full system on it ran a little rough down low but midrange and uptop was fine. Id like it to run smoother everywhere - will need a power commander if thats the case with the full system install.. I dont want to go to that expense.

An ECU reflash Id rather not do at the moment.

What ya's reckon ?
You can run a full system on its own and it runs fine,But i have the reflash and power comander 5, It now goes like shit of a shovel:thumb On the s10 dash u can adjust your co reading for the full system, Some people put a system take it a quick spin , You need to take it a good run The ecu then resets to compensate for the change

I just have the arrow can, I did have the entire system but was way too loud and I didn't want to spend more on an ECU flash to get it to run right.
You can fit any tail pipe and it will sound better and add a few horses.

Not on mine, it moved all the power to the top

end of the range and left the lower RPM flat as feck.

Doesit run really bad down low with the can ? I go for a blast but I also ride through the city. That would be a right pain in the **** if it was running crap down low.

You can run a full system on its own and it runs fine,But i have the reflash and power comander 5, It now goes like shit of a shovel:thumb On the s10 dash u can adjust your co reading for the full system, Some people put a system take it a quick spin , You need to take it a good run The ecu then resets to compensate for the change

You must be putting out some serious bhp then ? Midrange to top must be booming ? :eek:

Can you run that bit about the "dash reading" by me again, in english please :eek I aint following...:blast

:thumb2

With just the can it runs great, and adds approx 3bhp, the headers make the power move up the range due to the de-catting and lack of balance pipe, the balance pipe helps with low end grunt.

I had the complete Arrow system, I put the OEM headers back on with the Arrow tail pipe and all is good. :thumb

With just the can it runs great, and adds approx 3bhp, the headers make the power move up the range due to the de-catting and lack of balance pipe, the balance pipe helps with low end grunt.

I had the complete Arrow system, I put the OEM headers back on with the Arrow tail pipe and all is good. :thumb

Think I will try the end can only, thanks for theat.

I have clarity now lads, cheers :thumb2

the balance pipe helps with low end grunt.

Headers gave a gain all the way through the range on mine, smaller gains low down compared to top (what you would expect) but to say you lose power low down with headers is wrong, just the main gain is at the top, I got 6BHP from the headers with the OE can

With Flash / Headers I have a huge gain across the range and over a 10% increase in top end power. Mid range shove and throttle response is hugely improved (mainly die to Flash)

If top end is not a concern a Flash is all you need :thumb

It did on mine, fact, I went for a test ride and straight away I noticed lack of low end pull.
Then there's the other 'feature' of the full system, the hunting idle, again this can be fixed with a ECU Flash but I decided it was cheaper and easier to revert to OEM headers and I sold the Arrow headers.
For me this bike has plenty of power in S mode and 97 oct fuel, this isn't a sports bike, if I wanted loads of power I would have bought an R1, I do ride off road and the power is just right, too much and it will not grip and be too much.

It did on mine, fact, I went for a test ride and straight away I noticed lack of low end pull.
Then there's the other 'feature' of the full system, the hunting idle, again this can be fixed with a ECU Flash but I decided it was cheaper and easier to revert to OEM headers and I sold the Arrow headers.
For me this bike has plenty of power in S mode and 97 oct fuel, this isn't a sports bike, if I wanted loads of power I would have bought an R1, I do ride off road and the power is just right, too much and it will not grip and be too much.

You seem to be the only one to have this loss of power,Did u try adjusting ur Co / on bike adjustment before pulling system of and giving up,Seems like u give up to easy:confused:

Seems like u give up to easy:confused:

Even with the Flash mine hunts a bit at very low speed on a steady throttle, about 24mph in third / 18mph in second / 15mph in 1st - easy to ride around on the road, but I can see it being a pain if you do a lot of slow off-road manoeuvres.

Flash + Power Commander will sort it out fully, but a Full Exhaust system plus Flash plus PC-V costs well over a grand, at £350 the Flash makes a huge improvement, I can see why GS Bloke is happy to stop where he did.

I only paid £150 for my headers and ride 99% on road so find the power gains of the headers worthwhile, especially as I do not feel the need to sort out the off-idle glitch.

Kinda of an update....................

I can get the headers and exhaust for half price what they are new so I am prob gonna go with it. I will keep the headers until I decide to stump up for the power commander. Would liek the ECU flash but Im paranoid something would go wrong and Id regret it. Could be an issue when moving the bike on down the road, ppl might not like the idea (?).

@ GS Bloke Will the arrow can slip straight onto the normal pipe that runs under the rider / passenger seat ? Thats it then, instance 3 bph and Im sounding better? OR, do i need to adjust co2 or summit ?

You say superunleaded too, never tried it. We run 95 here which is standard unleaded.

tks, Ray

:thumb

Back
Top Bottom