Wobbly sidestand

dunnie

Reaction score
Anyone have any knowledge on how to tighten my side stand on my 1100. There's just a bit of excess play in it, I've tried to tighten the bolts I can see but they're all tight enough. It's just irritating me that's all. :nenau

There are a couple of thin washers which can wear on the inside face of the sidestand lug. Also the locking bolt can get worn.
I got replacements for my 1150GS from Motorworks for a few quid.
Grease well and move by hand after torquing - should fix it!

Side stand

There are a couple of thin washers which can wear on the inside face of the sidestand lug. Also the locking bolt can get worn.

Ah, thanks for that, I'll give it a go.:thumby:

The 1100 has a different set up to an 1150. ;)

The 1100 models usually snap the very very large hex head bolt that secures the stand plate to the engine.

Wobbly advice! - Steptoe knows his stuff :bow

The 1100 has a different set up to an 1150. ;)

The 1100 models usually snap the very very large hex head bolt that secures the stand plate to the engine.

mine snapped in engine how do I get out is there a easy way cheers

this is the 1150 set up

mine was worn and made the bike sit at a big angle, I replaced the bolt and bush and it improved it a lot, £16 for both

Attachments

• stand1.JPG
    stand1.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 214
  • stand2.JPG
    stand2.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 187
  • stand3.JPG
    stand3.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 188
I heard the small bolt snap years ago when I was dismounting, the bike nearly fell over on me.

Closer inspection showed TWO broken bolts.

left hand handed drill bit removed the smaller one, the larger one I ended up drilling completely through and installing a thread insert in its hole.

3u6yrasy.jpg

u5ezy7ab.jpg

ejy5y9an.jpg

Back
Top Bottom