PayPal disputes ??

john_aero

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone ever done one of these?

there has been an issue with a larger order made for clothing and supplier refusing fix issue unless pay him again

essentially 10 womens medium t-shirts supplied dont fit anyone (tried on a size medium, small and just about x-small sized woman) but fit a kids sized medium child perfectly

t-shirt on t-shirt these are much smaller than all other size medium shirts we pulled out of drawers to check against.

also names printed on breast on the other 20 mens shirts are all different, some are double size of others.

in stead of having a standard font size he made them all same length so some that are half length in text are double the height and look awful

been in touch and as far as he is concerned he cant undo the names and womens t-shirts are nto his fault but admits should have made note they were the smaller eu sized fitting not normal size fitting. but honestly we put it on an 8 year old girl and fits dine, she takes a size medium in kids shirt

maybe am i in the wrong but as far as we are concerned we did not get items as ordered and each one is visually different due to variation in text size

I've had a couple of issues with suppliers ripping me off, with fake goods ln one occasion and no goods on the other. On both occasions I'd made the payment through Paypal . I contacted PayPal who weren't remotely interested in either instance and basically told me tough shit, we can't help. I tried to pursue the matter with them but got absolutely nowhere and lost £200 of the £200 I'd paid through Paypal., which is why I've never used them (or Fleabay) again.

Good luck, I hope you're more successful than I was.:aidan

Did you specify that all the names had to be in the same font size?

Did the vendor (or you) specify what size 'medium' actually is?

:confused:

when i asked about the font yesterday, he told me he uses 2 methods, one is constant font, other is constant lenght and height/width adjusts to make sure all text blocks are same lenght, which means my name is half the height and width compared to another lads shorter name. looks awful and to be honest i would assume when ask for names on right breats that all be font type "x" not random sizes. never told me he can do it both ways if so i would have picked same font size.

regards sizing i gave him ladies in size medium or big size 12. he had said female cut so said great will double check, all were happy they take size medium.

when asked him last night what was story, he replied, maybe i should have told you these are EU sizes not UK sizes and are much smaller and size 12 should be Large not a medium.

now for refrence i layed one ontop of the another normal medium wife had and not hope are these medium. as checked they only fit a child who takes size medium and no adult female (one a size XS with no chest) will fit. one of the smaller girls got it on but took her boyfriend to pull if off as was so skin tight if moved woudl tear seams

he gone awy for holidays but think he may be willing fix female shirts after i said i wanted put paypal dispute in as did nto get what ordered.

font size, well i will have wait till head lad sees them and see if he is ok with using them as be honest 2 lads names looks stupidily big and look like the fint size you see on the M50 signs

Distance Selling regs??

just reading up on it there thanks for heads up on it

i think i am going give him till monday when he back from holiday to make mind up before go offical.

if womens t-shirts get sorted then i will just have take hit on text size, even though honestly i feel like sending all back and either getting it done correctly or money back

flip side is quality of the items is excellent,

they are tshirt and tracksuit forwearing under fire kit and who ever he gets them from makes one heck of a product. just pitty sizing and his text printing lets it down

Paypal

Even if it ultimately returns nothing I would open a dispute with the seller through Paypal.

I would also call your credit card company and see if they can assist. ( although I suspect they can not) but worth a call.

You do have very strong rights under the regulations covering distance selling and such transactions. Do not delay, if what you have received is not going to be used, send the goods back immediately and get a receipt for the return.

Good luck

Last edited:
we are all meeting at trainng friday to do last fit and hand out so will decide then if text is worth keeping.

if all happy with text then he has finally offered replace womens teeshirts so long as i post old ones back and he will send new ones out with mens sizes instead

all discussions are on facebook messages so they are saved and in black and white where he admits he should have let me know sizes were not standard sizes. also says how he decided to do text different because he felt it was better

Make sure your paypal account is settled via your credit card. Then at least you have another avenue in the event of a claim.

Make sure your paypal account is settled via your credit card. Then at least you have another avenue in the event of a claim.

yes it is so if use credit card i can also use my bank to put in dispute

thans for all the help

pay pal

open a dispute with paypal and describe the problem i.e. that you didn't get the goods as described ,they are too small and fit kids not adults.
Also get in contact with your credit card company or bank and look for the charge back department and open a dispute with them if you don't get anywhere with paypal. keep all correspondence, receipts you had with the vendor as they will be needed by the charge back department.
be polite and civil to all you speak to

You do have very strong rights under the regulations covering distance selling and such transactions. Do not delay, if what you have received is not going to be used, send the goods back immediately and get a receipt for the return.

You have NO rights under the Distance Selling Regulations because the items had, at your request, individual names crocheted on them. (Ireland may have different regs to the UK)

It also appears that you didn't stipulate a font size - and the poor vendor has done his best.

Finally, there's no definition in anybody's book what size 'medium' really is. Did you ask for any dimensions before you ordered?

So you're going to raise a PayPal complaint because you didn't make a few basic checks before you ordered and now you find what you got wasn't what you expected? Do you really expect the seller to swallow the entire loss?

:nenau

Back
Top Bottom