Morocco spring 2014

merlings1200

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all is any one interested in a trip to Morocco spring 2014 exact dates to be confirmed.
The plan would be 6 maybe 8 bikes and all riding gear transported in my van from UK to Estepone in southern Spain one guy to accompany me to share the driving others to fly down to Malaga.
All meet up in Estepona stay first night in my house unload bikes and set of for Morocco early following day.
Bikes would be loaded in Worcestershire ferry to Santander and drive across Spain.
Ferry and fuel cost for van split equally,hotels and ferry from Spain to Morocco each pay there own.

Hopefully 70% of the riding in Morocco will be off road so lighter the bike the better you will not need to be an expert at riding off road.
I will be riding 650X Challenge Rally Bike.

I've been to Morocco 5 times before last time 2007 so will have to check that some of the routes have not been sealed.

Fuel for the van approx £500.00 ie 1800 miles round trip 22 miles per gallon not rocket science to work it out :blast
Will sort price for ferry and post later.

Suggest we have a pr trip meeting say mid Wales for a few :beer: and a ride off road together.
:bounce1:bounce1

Ferry cost

Just checked with Brittany Ferry company and the cost is £700.00 approx return for van.

I would be interested subject to dates.

Mid Wales meet would work as well - I have a cottage near Welshpool:thumb2

Hi Turnipbmw Im easy on dates Could be March or April to fit in with all who maybe interested.

morocco

will be interested subject to dates. and cost thanks

Cost

Hi Suffolk
Return ferry and fuel for van to transport bikes
£1500 so if we can get 6 riders £250.00 each.

Return ferry from Spain to Ceute 120euro each
Hotels in Moroccan between £20 - £30 B&B per night.
9 or 10 night in morocco

I will drive van with one other to share driving
Others to fly to Malaga flight £80.00 approx return
Catch bus from airport to Estepona 15euro each way
Stop at my house just outside Estepona night befor we set of for Morocco
and night we get back into Spain 10euro each this is to pay cleaner to clean and change beds after we leave.

As I said I'm easy on dates March or April 2014

Mark:beerjug:

Hi drillman
If we shipped out of Portsmouth to Santader we could pick your bike up on way save you having to deliver the bike to Worcestershire :beerjug:

Hi drillman
If we shipped out of Portsmouth to Santader we could pick your bike up on way save you having to deliver the bike to Worcestershire :beerjug:

ya wee silver tongued devil, I'm in - provisionally :D

I went in Late 2011 and again this year April/May, both times taking a GS.
I decided after this last trip that I'd like to go each spring but ship a lighter bike down to southern Spain - ride across the Straights and fly down and back, so your trip seems tailor made for me.
I have to stress that although I've ridden off road a lot, I'm absolute crap and fall off a lot, but still keep trying :moped:

Millard

Drillam
How much of Morocco did you cover on your last trip how far south did you get.
Don't worry about falling off we will all be there to help each other.:comfort
What bike will you be riding?

Mark

I would be interested subject to dates.

Mid Wales meet would work as well - I have a cottage near Welshpool:thumb2

Drillman has provisionally said yes so now need to sort dates for the trip, I can do any time March or April what dates would fit in with you ?

Mark:thumb

Drillam
How much of Morocco did you cover on your last trip how far south did you get.
Don't worry about falling off we will all be there to help each other.:comfort
What bike will you be riding?

Mark

Hiya Mark
Down through Fes on the N13 to Arfoud, Rissani, Erg Chebri - quads on the dunes - across to the Gorges, Ouarzazate, then 4 days in Zagora cause we got a cracking deal on a hotel there with pool and bar for 10 euros a night B & B, also the bikes needed a wee bit of TLC. Over to the Cascades, then we split and I carried on up to Volubilis and through the Riff to Melilla for a ferry back. I was away for a month this time.

The first week was with a group from the site as I put up an open invite and got a good bunch, 4 on GS's and two KTM's. After they left I met up with and English guy at Biker's Rest in Ouarzazate, then an Ozzy out of London and we rode together for most of the rest of the trip. They were both on old Yam thumpers and I reckoned on buying one for my next trip and then selling it on afterwards, so that's more or less still the plan, which fits in nicely with yours. Timing's right as well as I found spring nicer than my first trip which was October time.

If you're bored :- (I'm the grey haired one on the GS)

https://plus.google.com/photos/118089325778562950786/albums/5875876685743559313?banner=pwa

https://plus.google.com/photos/118089325778562950786/albums/5876043372264529185?banner=pwa

https://plus.google.com/photos/118089325778562950786/albums/5875926333915882625?banner=pwa

https://plus.google.com/photos/118089325778562950786/albums/5875625861101113761?banner=pwa

https://plus.google.com/photos/118089325778562950786/albums/5875910359813015281?banner=pwa

https://plus.google.com/photos/118089325778562950786/albums/5876444136670716737?banner=pwa

ps, I'm easy on dates

HI Millard
Some nice pic's you have posted lets hope we get some more:thumby: taker for this trip.
Will sort dates next week

mark

Cheers Mark.
The two guys in the pics might be interested. I'm waiting for responses, but don't hold back for them if you get any more takers in the meantime.

Mark....do a little delving into the requirements for group riding in Morocco now.......You will save yourself a LOT of potential hassle with a few copies of a BS itinerary and a little bit of co-operative paperwork before you go :thumb2

I knew there was a reason for buying a 950 KTM:D

I'm off 12th feb through to 23rd and 28th feb through to 4th march if that's any use:thumb

Mark....do a little delving into the requirements for group riding in Morocco now.......You will save yourself a LOT of potential hassle with a few copies of a BS itinerary and a little bit of co-operative paperwork before you go :thumb2

I just know this is gonna be a "DUH" moment, but i gotta ask - what's a BS itinerary ?

He's not taking the bikes into Morocco himself so why the paperwork?:confused:

He's not taking the bikes into Morocco himself so why the paperwork?:confused:

Any "party"of bikes, cars or other vehicles (I can't remember what number constitutes a 'party' off hand) is assumed to be on a tour, rally or organised trip.

It kicked off tenuously in 2010 but was supposed to be formalised in 2011.....even in 2010 though, I was asked for (asked in an armed gendarme sort of way) details on itinerary, make up of party, passport details, vehicle reg etc.

It's one of those things that anyone can do, in half an hour on a home PC with a printer, but if you don't, it could cause hassle on the route once there :beerjug:

With the situation in Mali having deteriorated severely, Algeria in a more dodgy state and Mauritania a dicey place, I have no doubt that the Gendarmerie are in a more twitchy state than before, but with a few bits of BS paper that look semi-formal, life will be easier :thumb

EDIT...BS...BullShit.......African bureaucracy loves anything on paper.....if you can give any plod who asks a pair of A4 pieces of paper with as many details on as you can think of, it will just ease your way.......the details can't be lies, but a simple email exchange between people going will establish VIN numbers and engine numbers, reg numbers etc, and for the time it takes to prepare and print off a dozen copies, it'd be daft not to IMHO.

There is a proper form on the Douanerie website, but the last time I took a group through, I just made one up and got it photocopied at the border, together with the head customs geezer's stamp on the page :augie

Back
Top Bottom