Canaries, , away from it all....?

Coolcarbon

Elsewhere....
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having managed to avoid the cultural vacuum that is the stereo typical Costa Del.XX or the Playas de la XXX and even the Balearic's for my 58 years on this spinning chunk of rock and water, it would appear that I have a compromise coming up...:rolleyes:

A small group of non-motorcycling friends want some winter sun without the long haul so have plumped for the canaries.

So, trying desperately to avoid the Playas' etc etc., has anyone stayed somewhere nice, away from the madding crowds on these islands?

Small hotel or self catering cottage?

I've already been checking out the Bike hire situation and that looks promising... :D

:beerjug:

Have a look here www.backtrax1.com
Might be up your street :nenau
Nige the owner is a really nice guy and knows his way up the volcanoes and Pozo Negro is lovely and off the beaten track too :thumb

Have a perusal on here www.fuerteventura-forum.com

Some brilliant off roading to be had :thumb

Second vote for Fuerteventura if you fancy a bit of off road, there is a good chunk of the western coastal road that is still sand. Another option would be Agadir Morocco same flying time and weather as the Canaries but those Atlas mountains are not far away.

Having managed to avoid the cultural vacuum that is the stereo typical Costa Del.XX or the Playas de la XXX and even the Balearic's for my 58 years on this spinning chunk of rock and water, it would appear that I have a compromise coming up...:rolleyes:

A small group of non-motorcycling friends want some winter sun without the long haul so have plumped for the canaries.

So, trying desperately to avoid the Playas' etc etc., has anyone stayed somewhere nice, away from the madding crowds on these islands?

Small hotel or self catering cottage?

I've already been checking out the Bike hire situation and that looks promising... :D

:beerjug:

Which Island are you looking at?

There are loads of really nice places out there...ignore the towns and its a great place.

Just find somewhere - anywhere in the mountains. Green on one side of the island - hot on the other - head for the green side.

I'd actually consider living there - inland anyway

Thanksfor the info so far guys...:thumb2

No island in particular chosen by the group, just looking for hints/tips at the mo.

Back
Top Bottom