My new ride has arrived :-) K1200GT SE

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it was delivered yesterday afternoon on time with no dramas.

I was a bit apprehensive as this was bought on the strength of digital pictures sent to me after seeing it for sale in a dealers in Bradford!!

Its a 2007 bike with 23K and full BMW service history from Roy Pidcock BMW and the most recent service being the 24K carried out at Clarks BMW

I got it for £5150.

It's the graphite grey and silver so the grey is the same colour as my BMW E93 M Sport

To say the bike is in "as new" condition is an understatement. I cannot find a single mark or blemish anywhere on the bike including the final drive, brakes wheels forks etc.

Came with some unexpected extras such as Wunderlich bar risers and Wunderlich footpeg lowering kit as well as the BMW alarm. :D

It was serviced at Clarks on the 10th October and the service was £795 plus it had the ABS pump repaired and that was another £412!!

Why after spending £1200 would anyone sell the bike to a dealer? Unless they were given a K1600GT as a loan bike whilst the work was carried and and they just chopped it in?

Anyway some pics to follow. It does have the side panniers that are unmarked and I have temporarily fitted my Givi top box until I can source a cheap BMW one that I can get resprayed. (if anyone has one spare please get in touch)

Here he is..... Not the best pictures :rolleyes:

Jon :)

Jon

Very nice and a bargain price all things considered.

I really enjoyed the day I had one on loan. I fell in love with the power and loved the riding position (in rather than on), great protection from the screen and fairing plus excellent mirrors (perfect position for a good rear view and no vibes at all).

I recall thinking that brake pads and discs would be an expense as the bike delivers you to the braking point much sooner than you expect.

Health to enjoy. :thumb2

Cheers Mike, it is very comfy indeed.

Agree with all your points and have yet to take it past 5000rpm :eek:

It's bloody quick as it is, so god knows what it will be like when I give it some beans :eek:

Spent the day "bonding" and getting to know it a bit better :)

Jon

That's a whole lot of bike for five grand :thumb2

I love my GS, but I also REALLY love the K engine......seamless, never ending linear power :clap

Enjoy it :thumb

That's my mates old bike.... had the expensive service & ABs repaired then chopped in after an independent report suggested the big end was about to let go.

I jest of course.....I don't have any mates .......nice bike indeed , looks like a good buy :thumb

Oh you fucker :D I was about to vomit :eek: :barf

You got me well and truly with that one. May your testicles shrivel up and depart :rob :D

Jon

That's a whole lot of bike for five grand :thumb2

I love my GS, but I also REALLY love the K engine......seamless, never ending linear power :clap

Enjoy it :thumb

Thanks Bill, I'm still recovering after getting well and truly done by Rushy :D :mad: :D

Jon

Nice bike. I've got a BMW top box available if you want it along with a new lock which needs fitting. Well, I say "want it" when I really mean you can have it for a small consideration:thumb2 PM me your e-mail and I'll get some pics to you if you are interested.

Nice bike. I've got a BMW top box available if you want it along with a new lock which needs fitting. Well, I say "want it" when I really mean you can have it for a small consideration:thumb2 PM me your e-mail and I'll get some pics to you if you are interested.

pm on its way :)

Keep an eye on the rear shock as they are known to lose damping around 24/25k and will need to be rebuilt - DAMHIK:blast

Keep an eye on the rear shock as they are known to lose damping around 24/25k and will need to be rebuilt - DAMHIK:blast

Yeah I'm well aware of them going :rolleyes: :blast

My 1200GSA let go at 14K :eek:

However I am purchasing a BMW warranty tomorrow so it will be covered.

I read your post about getting them rebuilt and have saved the info as for £170 that is bearable........ Just :D

Jon

warranty may not cover shocks = wear part

Up to 30k ish and maybe more dependant on dealer and service history.

However a few companies now rebuild the internals for about £170.

If the ESA motor went then that should be covered and bmw replace the complete unit.

Jon :)

Great bike for small money, I had a full system on mine it made a lovely sound with lots of popping.
Enjoy

Health and wealth to enjoy Jon :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom