Siberia, Road of Bones, Mongolia

Beamer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Vladivostok shipping to or from
We are shipping a container from Ireland to Vladivostok to start a trip mid July 2014, we plan to store the container in vlad for 2 months before returning so as anyone wishing to ride to vlad and ship home can do so or anyone that would like to ship out and ride home can avail of the best weather window also.
Another possibility as the container will be there for 2 months is to do a round trip and ship both ways, maybe you could do the road of bones or round Baikal or even pop into Mongolia.
The cost for shipping we calculate at €500/£420 each way with a bit of a discount if you ship both ways, this compared to what it cost mark and I to ship to Magadan last year @ around €2000 1 way is a very reasonable way of getting there!
We are just putting out the feelers at the moment to see how much interest we get, If you are interested you can contact me (kev) at siberia2014@outlook.com or mark@bamriders.com
Thanks for looking

Yes thanks Tim, it cost us a lot more last year so we are just trying to cover the cost! We have a container on order which we will start fitting out as soon as it arrives so we know exactly how many bikes we can get in! Our 4 690's and 1 640 should be able to squash up and stack up hopefully leaving space for another 6 bikes.

I'm planing to ride from the Northeast to Magadan in 2015 would be ideal if you do the same that year
the plan is to take around 90 days​

That will be a great trip, we did that in reverse last year and it was an amazing expieriance.

We won't be going back in 2015 but if we can help you with any info let us know.

Good luck with your trip and keep us posted! :thumb

Container has arrived

Our container has arrived in abbyliex at 5eyes house, we should get a better idea soon of how many bikes we'll fit in and will post our findings.
We have 8 people expressing interest in buying space in our container but nothing solid as yet, and they will be shipping 1 way only. Ideally we want to fill the container both ways for obvious reasons so anyone interested in doing a trip to, from or around Asia please get in touch.

Thanks for looking

Kev

Will try post pic of our shinny new to us 20ft container, unfortunately 5eyes will also be in the pic! :)

Container for Vladivostok

y7ypema2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kev,

Have you any dates in mind yet, how many of you are going. Me and a mate are looking at the same trip in 2015.

John

Hi John,
There are 5 of us heading over to attempt the eastern Bam road which isn't really an open invite trip as such but are inviting people to share the container!

We hope to fly to Vlad in the middle of July and fly home in the middle of august having hopefully completed the Bam.

Last year me and a friend did a trip from Magadan home including the road of bones, Western Bam and Mongolia which was an amazing trip and if you want to see what you have to look forward to our web site is bamriders.com

Do keep us all posted on your trip and planning its always great to hear about these!

If I can help you in any way with your planning drop me a line at siberia2014 and we can exchange phone numbers!

Good luck

Kev

Hi Kev,

Have you any dates in mind yet, how many of you are going. Me and a mate are looking at the same trip in 2015.

John

Hi John
me and a guy from the another forum (horizons unlimited) we planing riding to magadan 2015 leave June time, if there is some interest from others we can arrange a container, its a bit early yet, we haven't advertised it yet

Thanks graham

Hi Graham, are you planning to ride there and then ship back or the other way around, when we first looked at it the cost to get the bikes back was expensive, the other idea was to fly the bikes to Moscow from Magadan and then ride them home.

John

Hi Graham, are you planning to ride there and then ship back or the other way around, when we first looked at it the cost to get the bikes back was expensive, the other idea was to fly the bikes to Moscow from Magadan and then ride them home.

John
John that's also a possibility, train is another but two weeks on a train is not my cuppa, but its alway a option, I don't mind riding some of the way, looking at options.

Last edited:
Hi John and Graham,

Mark and I shipped to Magadan and rode home which meant we and the bikes were fresh for the harder bits. We met a fair few guys travelling the other way with intentions of doing the road of bones but not many of them made it due to bike problems or weather, point being if you start from Magadan you will get all the best bits done for sure!

Shipping to Magadan was very expensive, We rode the bikes to Saint Petersburg and arranged transport from there then flew home and waited the 8 weeks quoted for the arrival of the bikes before we flew out to meet them. When we arrived in Magadan the we had to wait a further 3 days before the bikes arrived :blast

Doing the trip the way we did also meant we had to get 6 month business multi entry visa's which cost about £450, Not even sure what the whole thing cost but what ever it was it was worth it.

Hope this helps :thumb2

Kev

Last edited:
Container

Hi all,
The planning for our Siberia trip is well under way and we have had quite a bit of interest in container space more so from Vladivostok home but have 2 or 3 people interested in shipping out.
We are planning for our container to arrive in Vladivostok the week commencing 14th July 2014 so it will be in its storage place ready for us to collect our bikes on the 21st to start our own trip.
Anyone interested in shipping their bike to or from Vlad we have a total of 6 – 7 spare places (depending on size of bikes) each way on a first come first serve basis at a cost of €500 each way, temporary import papers and insurances are down to the individuals.
As I said before it cost Mark and I over €2k each in 2012 to ship to Magadan plus a week off work getting them to Saint pete’s and a Whole lot of hassle, this is a much easier and cheaper option for people that want an adventure of a lifetime without all the hassle of organising or the expense of going on an organised trip.
Please contact either Mark ( mark@bamriders.com ) or Kev (siberia2014@outlook.com) if interested

Thanks for looking

Flight costs

We have been checking out the flight costs for Vladivostok to give us and potential container partners an idea of over all cost.

Booking the flights for 2 months time we can get return flights from London to Vlad for €350 but for our travel dates the cost at the moment is €700 which we hope will come down nearer the time.

We'll post further information as and when we get it.

Our travel dates have now changed to 1 week earlier so hope to leave Vladivostok on the 14th of July 2014

I know it's a long way off but I'm hoping to do this ride in 2016. Either way would be great so I would be very interested in how you get on this year and to learn from your experiences of shipping :)

Cheers, Simon

With great power comes great responsibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

e5urebub.jpg

Checking how much spare space we have for our container partners

Space still available

Space still available peeps, and we'll help you as much as we can with your organising! :thumb

Still have space in both directions

Hi lads and lasses,
We still have space in both directions so you could ship both ways with us and do as long or as short a time out there as you like! Get round to the Mongolian border in 2 days or lake baikal probably do the road of bones to Magadan in 10 days!

Very cheep shipping compared to trying to do it yourself, if you add up the cost for mark and I in 2012 I would say it was well over €2000 1 way!

Great opportunity to do this area without the hassle of getting there!

Cheers for now

Kev

Back
Top Bottom