smeared screen

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

I used Lidl glass cleaner (which clearly states that it is ok to use on perspex) on my windscreen and it seemed ok until the first rain shower and now it looks as if it has been covered in Windolene and allowed to dry. I've tried various things to remove it but to no avail. Apart from it being dangerous as it's impossible to see throught the screen it looks dreadful. Anyone know how to get rid of the mess or is a new screen my only option. I've written to Lidl and await their reply.

:mad:

I suspect that the screen is polycarbonate, rather than perspex. No help to you, I know. Sorry - a new screen is probably needed.

:(

thanks, I'll try the brasso and if this fails, buy a new screen...AAAGGGHHHH

Toothpaste

I put mild scratches all over a screen on my Pan.

Toothpaste was the mild abrasive I used! Took the screen off to do it, and after a fair amount of hard work managed to get the 7 year old screen to a better condition than it was be for I made the mess.

PS. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I know I'm safe to do so amongst you guys. I took a more direct route than Lidls cleaner to make my mess - scotchbrite!

CeeBailey do a perspex polish. Bottle comes with their screens and is available from their website. I use it on my visor, takes out small scratches quite effectively.

Try WD40 as well.... the oil in WD40 helps to 'lose' the scratches. Brasso is a good one to try - I scratched my GPS screen last year and used brasso to get the scratch out quite successfully.

it's not scratched though...just smeared all over with a ...er...sort of creamy like fluid...it's a great lookin' bike I know but...

;)

Try meths before resorting to brasso. Good for removing film on most screens / car windows.

Back
Top Bottom