Harley 48

smirky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK gent's, the time has come for me to give the Harley a go, in the shape of a 48 for my 48th :beerjug:

Love the looks, off to road test one on Edinburgh harley tomorrow....wish me luck :flag

Enjoy, they are great bikes, love the style.... ( only 70 mile tank range though.....)

I have to find that out, is it really 70 Mile tank range?

I have to find that out, is it really 70 Mile tank range?

The peanut tank was introduced by Harley in 1948 so it's rather important on this bike, but practical it's not. The Forty-Eight averages a respectable 48mpg (well, it would...), which means the low fuel warning will be worrying you at 60 miles and you'll be pushing after 85. There are many stretches of motorway where you'd have to refuel at every services.

Quote Kevin Ash Roadtest...

I'm a typical scotsman at 5ft 5"........should be OK

If you have the budget look at the Softail Slim whilst you are there..... 15k mind but low seat, big twin engine and much better range...

I was torn between the 72 and the 48, decided on the 72 but have to say I'd have been happy with either of them. The tank range is certainly a concern, my warning light is on before 60 miles so I reckon I would get a max of 80 or so from a tankfull. I have been fuelling up after about 65 miles. I wanted the Sportster for short hops only, have my Wing and Bandit for any serious miles, so it's ideal for that but it would be real hard work if you wanted to cover any distance.

have to say Andy Downes from West Coast in Glasgow, was great to deal with, I'd certainly recommend you chat to him if youre considering one.

Bought it today gents, 48 black with stage 1 kit and Vance and Hines exhaust, getting delivered in a couple of weeks, Edinburgh were great to deal with......

I'm now in the harley family :)

Bought it today gents, 48 black with stage 1 kit and Vance and Hines exhaust, getting delivered in a couple of weeks, Edinburgh were great to deal with......

I'm now in the harley family :)

Congratulations! Waiting a couple weeks is gonna be a bitch though. :comfort

Well.....she's arrived, sorry about the pish quality of the pics....I'm in love

IMG_1893_zps5179e35c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1892_zps7db0b413.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1890_zpsc8b0eaa2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's a nice looking Harley, I see the Vance and Hines box and you already have the mufflers off and straight pipes on. Now we need an audio clip! :)

I like it with the short shots on but get those fork reflectors off. :D :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom