Honda 1965 KO Black Bomber

steve hughes

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been reading up on these and really fancy one. Anyone know of any around?
Steve

Classic racers have been buying these and any engine parts up for a few years now. Prices are high, classic racer magazine often has a race version for sale, but can range from 6 to 11 grand. Best place for a road bike would be the states or australia..

Cheers Dogs, talking to fastline superbikes in Preston recently he echoed your views either US or AU

Im still looking, as im sure one will come up and be worth waiting for.

Ps some horrors on the bay at present!

I have owned one in a past life.

In their day, they were quick, but delicate.
On early ones, with drum front brake, stopping quickly was not an option.
When you braked quickly the forks twisted.. When you put in betterl linings, the drum distorted. No win.
The early bikes were also 4 speed with a very slow gearchange first to second, and a penchant for breaking chains, wrapping them round the front sprocket and damaging crankcases. The electric starter mechanisms fell off the alternators. This in turn did in the main bearing adjacent to it, which in turn cut off the oil supply to the pistons and camshafts.
If parked for a year with a valve full open, the torison bar valve springs had a tendancy to kise their tension, and then the valve would not shut. Electrics were very dodgy, with rectifier failure and corroded connections common when new.
I loved them then, but they are for looking and not for riding.
They were bad, but so was everything else then.
Myke

Cheers Myke a fairly honest review. I wondered about the torsion bar effect as you can choose how you park the valves. The other stuff was a suprise. I thought this was the beginnings of solid build quality by the big H.

Back
Top Bottom