Chroming in Dublin / Leinster / ANYwhere!?

Ogmios

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A colleague (he's into them 'car' things :rolleyes: :D) is looking for a recommendation for rechroming old parts.
Has anyone any personal experience of a good place to get this done?

Thanks in advance. :thumb2
~~

lolol

didnt linda have one of them intruder/marauder thingies???

int they bling?

Chrome

Car parts
If your really stuck
Vernon moss brighouse uk long way away they are the special chromers

Quality chrome hull

Trevor Harrison Leeds (Midas touch):beer:

iftikartaxis,
Thanks for that - it often does get to the point that we're better off looking 'abroad' :rolleyes: - hopefully not / but that's appreciated. :thumb2

Hairnet,
Linda has a Savage... :augie
Bike, i mean.
Wanna buy it? :D - She wants a Serow! :bounce1

Attachments

• LS650 stock pic.jpg
    LS650 stock pic.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 63
Marc, I spoke to a friend in the plating business. He says there was a place in Waterford doing chroming, but he thinks they have closed down. CPS in Santry have a chroming tank but it is tiny, about a cubic foot. NI or England are probably your best bet.

I've asked a suimilar question re chroming on here about a month or so back. I've some across a place in Dublin called wechrome.com, not a great website but have been in email contact with the guy (Mike Keegan) and he seems to be OK.

There's also a place just outside belfast, www.tjplatingltd.co.uk who I did talk to but they couldn't chrome anything for me until January. TJ Plating have been mentioned as being OK by a few people I know.

I don't specifically know anyone who has had parts chromed at either of these places.

I did enquire across the water but prices are astronomical - £900+vat to chrome a collection of bits from a Z650 compared to £500 + vat @ TJ Plating and circa 350 yoyo @ WeChrome.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom