Newbie but on a quad....

Sonic3d

Reaction score
Hello all
Just joined after lurking for a while, don't have a bike but use a Can Am Outlander Quad 1000cc V Twin Rotax.
Have found this site usefull especially clothing wise , bought a Warn And Safe heated jacket the other week after reading about them on here.
Planning on riding the quad to Morocco next year so finding a lot of useful info on here thanks :thumb

I've ridden one of those a lot in Iceland and my friends there have all sold their bikes and now tour all year including on the icecaps with CAN-Am 800's and i'm lucky enough to borrow one when i'm there

Excellent bit of kit and quite different to my everyday farm qaudbike which is a road legal Honda Fourtrax 420 although it goes like shit off a stick(50mph on the road though)

FP.

Attachments

• Iceland 2012 083.jpg
    Iceland 2012 083.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 70
Its ok at long distance but obviously not as good as a bike, its very comfortable and will keep up with traffic. The max speed is about 80mph but happy to sit at 60/70 all day.

The first picture is in Poland this year on the Breslau Rallye, and the second is in the Pyrenees this September recceing the stages for the Rallye Des Cimes.

Attachments

• IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I've just pressed like and nothings happened................! Here's another one of the 'Icelandic beast' and how we shift them around to save tyre wear!

Attachments

• Iceland 2012 094.jpg
    Iceland 2012 094.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 48
  • Iceland 2012 074.jpg
    Iceland 2012 074.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 47
On the farm it's 'The power of dreams' five speed manual and no power steering! Fitted with my twin tank 110 litre boom sprayer and a logic trailer full of 250 litres of water for the crop sprayer!

Quadbikes are the future!

FP.

Attachments

• Harvest 2013, bales,  etc 063.jpg
    Harvest 2013, bales, etc 063.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 45
Would love to take mine to Iceland one day..... below is how I move mine around whist camping..

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 45
Looks warmer back then than now... quads are great fun especially in the snow or sand.

Now i'm really jealous..............Quadbikes were illegal to ride in Iceland until 2006 unless you were a farmer and I remember folk coming off the ferry and being told to turn around and go home or leave the quads in the compound and arrange a hire car. My Honda is registered as an 'agricultural vehicle' so there's no road tax but I can't take it on holiday unless i'm away 'working'........!

How many miles have you on the Can-Am?

FP.

Its done about 2500 Miles since July , did about 1000 in 8 days whilst in Poland. Its PLG registered so I have no restriction on distances and can ride it on the motorways.

Back
Top Bottom