Making a Roadbook

Grim Rider

Reaction score
Been trying to get hold of a roadbook holder and in the end made my own here - may be useful if you have an old satnav lying around!

Great idea for a case and it looks very good.
I've been meaning to make one of these for myself, just gotta find a free 2620 lying around some place.

Cheers Dansin, just downloaded it - just have to see if can print out onto the size of strips I can fit into the case.

Looks like they haven't paid for the domain or hosting. It's not had any development for a few years now. I might have a copy on our server somewhere, will have a look later.

Rally navigator is looking pretty good. Not free but not hugely expensive.

Another home made effort

Cost about twenty quid to make for last years Lands End Trial. The 5 LED's were way too bright at night so ended up taping over 3 of them. :D Just had a 4mm perspex cover over the top.

8456547082_c7c1fd7f53_b.jpg

That looks great Dansin - rather beyond my engineering skills, hence why I recycled a box I already had! I did add a small strip of LED lights inside the GPS case of mine, but had to fit an external switch on the handlebars as I couldn't work out how to wire them up to the Garmin power switch. Used it on the Exeter Trial in January and worked really well, didn't get lost once! I printed out the roadbook (used the Word version sent out by the organisers with some sections highlighted) on about nine sheets of paper and just glued them together and taped the ends to the winding posts.

No engineering involved. Box and knobs from maplin, ali bar from b and q, leds, switch and perspex from ebay. Just a drill, hacksaw and file needed to bodge it together. :D

Are you doing the Lands End again this year - I cannot but am hoping to be able to make the Edinburgh in October

Back
Top Bottom