Pyrenees - off road

GS Bloke

Reaction score
Hi
Am thinking about doing the Pyrenees end to end and mainly off road, (Yam S10 and KTM 990) and looking for info about off road routes and any other useful stuff.

Ta :thumb2

Off road riding in Spain is illegal and as in France, as it is in most of the rest of Europe......but using un-sealed roads is not, though in Spain there are more restrictions.
There are roadbook tracks available on internet with several week's worth of tracks but not 'off-road'.
Here:-
http://vibraction.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Try not to make yourself sound like an 'off-road' hero, as there is no need, but the use of the wrong phases will stop those in the know giving you the info you need.........

Timpo.

"Off-Road Hero"? how do I sound like an 'off road hero'?
I consider off tarmac to be 'off road'.
I am just asking for some info, not abuse!

Thanks for the link.

Try not to make yourself sound like an 'off-road' hero, as there is no need, but the use of the wrong phases will stop those in the know giving you the info you need.........

Timpo.[/QUOTE]

WTF..................:nenau

I consider off tarmac to be 'off road'.
I am just asking for some info, not abuse!

Abuse.....wtf, are you wet or what?
I'm trying to help you here.
And, if you mention 'off-road' to your insurance company, kiss goodbye to your policy.

Use the link that Timpo sent you, even though he upset you. By all accounts he knows what he's talking about:D. It has lots of good info on routes in Spain (you will need to translate it as it's in french, your computer will do it for you!!). The road books they sell are useful and it looks like they now do electronic routes as well as the road books, which you will need a road book holder for.

Do your research before you go as it will help keep you on the right side of the law once you get there. Have a good trip when it happens.

I have looked at the link and thanked Timpo.
Maybe I should have asked for exact info, such as places to camp, hotels, food etc etc.

I have ridden all over the Province of Malaga area 'off road', I do know the law (but don't mind someone reminding me), I have ridden Green Lanes, MX and Enduro for 30+ years, so to be called an 'off road hero' is slightly annoying.

I have looked at the link and thanked Timpo.
Maybe I should have asked for exact info, such as places to camp, hotels, food etc etc.

I have ridden all over the Province of Malaga area 'off road', I do know the law (but don't mind someone reminding me), I have ridden Green Lanes, MX and Enduro for 30+ years, so to be called an 'off road hero' is slightly annoying.

Better than being called an 'off road numpty' which is often my claim to fame. :D

Back
Top Bottom