Hi All

Jay1

Reaction score
Hi all,new owner from Halifax here,just got a gs1200 30yr anniversary 2010,it has been imported by the person I got it off.i know absolutely nothing about these bikes apart from I've wanted one for a while now,I also own a ccm r30,710,

I have a 2 issues with the bike after my first ride today,Iam around 6ft and I can only just touch the ground on tiptoes which does not fill me with any confidence to take my misses on the back.i also have a yellow warning triangle lit with the stability light on,I have tried to follow the guide book that says hold one of the buttons down until it adjusts but no good.

Anyway apart from them 2 issues Iam pleased as punch with it.

I have had a few zrx's in the past and around 7ccm's amongst many other bikes.

Any way hi all,I hope to read and contribute to the site.
Enough from me now,I need to get reading lol

Jay1

Hey up and welcome :beerjug:

6ft and you can't get your feet down, really? Should be no probs unless you're all 'body' and no legs :confused: The seat is adjustable for height though, take it off and move the bars under the seat to lower/raise it.......

Sorry, haven't a clue about the 'stability' light, I've an earlier 1200 and there was no such thing on the earlier models.

Andres

Hi Jay, welcome to the site.

Ref your issue, you will get a better response if you post in the 1200 technical forum.

this ones just for saying hi.:thumb2

If you want to bring it in my shop Jay we will plug it into the computer and see of there are any fault codes.
Will cost you a pack of biscuits:D

If you want to bring it in my shop Jay we will plug it into the computer and see of there are any fault codes.
Will cost you a pack of biscuits:D

Wheres your shop skygod

As Andres says if its a normal 1200GS you shouldn't have any issues with touching the floor however if its an adventure then they have higher suspension and hence higher seat although still adjustable. I'm 5-11 1/2 and bought a low seat for my 1150 Adventure to give me more confidence to manouvre it when it was fully loaded but then the foot pegs felt to high. I bought suspension of a standard 1150 and planned to fit that but sold the bike to come over to the states.

If you go on a group ride out see if you can borrow someones low seat or sit on their bike to see the difference.

AndyT:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom