Hi all, from a F800ST pretending to be a GS. hehe.

Triple7

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, firstly..... Hello. :beerjug:

Sorry for being a bit of a numpty, but a friend has directed me towards this forum but I'm a little unsure if I'm in the right place.

I am the new owner of a second hand great condition F800ST, 11000mile, BMW FSH, full luggage, Garmin 550, and double bubble dark screen. Furthermore, I'm a returning biker looking for that friendly forum where all my newbie/catching up questions can be answered. Not to mention the technical help that other owners of the same bike can help with. Previous bikes XL250 and ZZR6.

So considering that this forum is named "GS er" does it matter that I'm an "ST er".

I'm aware that the F800GS is mechanically near identical to the ST (bar the chain/belt), so it seems to make sense that this would be the right forum, but am I in the right place guys and gals?? :bow

If not, I will still drink with you though... hahaha.

atb, Triple7.

What you ride don't matter (at least to me), it's that you ride. So welcome. Don't mistake the piss-take for unpleasantness, ask a question and the good oil* is likely to be in there amongst the banter and barbs.

*It's a turn of phrase, best not to actually ask which is the good oil.

Welcome Triple7 :thumb

You're amongst friends now, but keep your head down for a bit, 'cos it'll sure as he'll not seem like it to start with :D

As ahutcheon says, don't matter what ya ride, as long as ya ride. The 800ST is a crackin' bike, the engine is a gem.

Enjoy your stay ...

:beerjug:

Thanks Ahutcheon, Micky and Keith.

Great to meet ya.

LOL.... head only popping up above the parapet, so hopefully avoiding all inbound. haha :hide

Ex-mil... so do like a bit of banter, however trolls are a different matter. :mcgun hehe.

Welcome I had a st800 about 4 years ago. Great bike now have a 800 GSA. It doesn't natter what you ride. JJH

Back
Top Bottom