Eddie Irvine - 6 months jail

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
One of Co Down's famous sons has been sentenced to 6 months in an Italian jail for a bar-room brawl.

I seem to remember that he was decked by Senna when they first met ......

Six months ! If he was a drug dealer from a poor back ground they would give him a holiday to rehabilitate. Stupid judge. I assume his team will appeal.

One of Co Down's famous sons has been sentenced to 6 months in an Italian jail for a bar-room brawl.

I seem to remember that he was decked by Senna when they first met ......

He was also noted for his personality, perhaps best described as anti-authoritarian. He finished 6th and secured a point on his debut Formula One race with Jordan in 1993 at Suzuka.
This race set the theme of controversy for Irvine that would follow him for the next couple of years. Seeing Ayrton Senna coming up behind him in his mirror, Irvine allowed him to pass. However, when Senna could not lap Damon Hill who Irvine was racing against at the time, he felt he was being held up and, amazingly for a rookie against an all-time great, unlapped himself and then tried himself to overtake Hill.[5] Incensed at being held up behind the Irvine–Hill battle for more than a lap, Senna walked into the Jordan motorhome after the race and punched Irvine in the face.[6] Irvine spoke about this when asked about his most memorable moment:

“I assume you’re talking about racing so I’ll keep it clean then! I think going around the outside of three guys at the first corner and up to fifth in my first grand prix for Jordan. I did have a chuckle when I unlapped Ayrton Senna in that race and was laughing my head off in the car".

It will more likely be a suspended sentence. He didn't even have to attend court!

I liked him, you couldn’t really help it. An Oirishman in an F1 Ferrari......:thumb

He came close (ish) to a championship in ‘99......as he shagged his way through the paddock....:bow

‘He has a small knob’......Quote little Miss Ropey Bint circa ‘99.....:nenau

Very old school, and as :cool: :cool: :cool: as f**k.....

He came close (ish) to a championship in ‘99......

He was robbed of that championship. It brings out the conspiracy theorist in me........
Ferrari were close to winning the championship and his wheel FELL OFF after a pit stop.

think they said it was 2008 or 10 it happened

he'll get a fine

I think they only had 3 wheels availabld at the pitstop if i recall.
Shu would have thown his toys out of the pram if irvine wound up ferarri world champ

He went to the same school as me. One of my teachers told me that when Irvine was there his chemistry teacher had told him he would never amount to anything. Years later the school asked him to come and open the new building, he told them (not so politely) where to go.

Back
Top Bottom