MCE now in Ireland but....

if you look at mceinsurance.co.uk/ireland
the t and c's

quote thus

These Terms and Conditions of Business apply to Republic of Ireland residents and are effective from:
01/03/2013
A FULL VERSION OF MCE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS ARE AVAILABLE
ONLINE AT
www.mceinsurance.com/ireland
/terms
-
and
-
conditions/
IF YOUR DO
CUMENTS WERE EMAILED TO YOU, A FULL VERSION WILL BE INCLUDED WITHIN THE ATTACHED
DOCUMENTATION.
Our Regulator
M C Edwards (Insurance Brokers) Ltd t/as MCE Insurance is registered in England & Wales,
01232753 at Crown
Way, Rushden, Northamptonshire NN10 6B
S and is authorised by the
Financial Services Authority, 307832, in
the United Kingdom and is regulated by the Central Bank
of Ireland for conduct of business rules.
Our Service
MCE act on your behalf in advising you on and arranging your insurance needs
, as well as helping you with any
ongoing changes you may have. We will also assist you with any claim you need to make. We provide policies
and issue documentation on behalf of a panel of insurers.
For the Republic of Ireland we only offer Motorcycle Ins
urance. The advice we give is based on a limited
analysis of the market which means that our recommendation is provided on the basis of a limited number of
contracts and product producers that are available on the market. Whilst we are not a tied agent, we
currently
only offer a product from Qudos Insurance for Motorcycle Insurance, and so our services are not provided on a
fair analysis of the market

my question is if they are ooperating in ireland why are they not vat registered as a business there

they offer only one choice of insurer??

bet the 0818 no goes to northampton

my bargepole is longer than any you care to fabricate :D

VAT . . . . . I have just spent 30 years in the insurance brokerage industry. We were zero rated for vat. So did not charge vat and could no reclaim it. They only offer one product and are not tied agents . . . . . . The Irish system is stupid, they are still called " multi agency intermediary's" even though they have only one agency. So that may answer questions above. But from wat I have heard / read about them you should use a very big barge pole dealing with them.

MCE quoted me 479 for the bike , more than 250 less than the next best .

MCE quoted me 479 for the bike , more than 250 less than the next best .

The real issue is when you have a claim. Speaking from the industry side I can tell you that the most important part of your relationship with an insurer is when a claim is lodged. You do not want an unreasonable delay or feckwits dealing with the claim. If I were you pressman I would make some more calls to insurers and haggle. Most have a 12 to 15% margin you can play with.

Back
Top Bottom