Confused -- What GS?

Dustcap

Reaction score
Hi all.
Ok so this is going to sound like a silly question, but..... I've had the bike a few weeks now and I still don't know which bike I have as per the form.

I have an air cooled 04 R1200GS.

Of the list of bikes in 'The Bikes' section, which is mine? Obviously I know its none of the obvious choices, 650/700/800, k series etc etc

but what's a Hexhead? I thought it might be an airhead, but looking at the pics in there I'm not so sure...

Whats an HP2?

Help please...... thanks :comfort

DC

An HP2 is a BMW Ballistic Missile on 2 wheels. :eek::eek:

Yes, you have the original 2004 Mk1 1200GS 'Hexhead' with Servo Brakes and single Camshafts.

FYI
2007/8 Mk2 (MU) introduced with some small cosmetic updates and no servo brakes.
2010 Mk3 introduced with new Twin Cam engine and a bit more power.

2013 Completely new Water cooled GS totally re-designed and with more power.

:thumby:

Yes, you have the original 2004 Mk1 1200GS 'Hexhead' with Servo Brakes and single Camshafts.

FYI
2008/9 Mk2 (MU) introduced with some small cosmetic updates, a bit more power, optional ESA and no servo brakes.
2010 Mk3 introduced with new Twin Cam engine and a bit more power.

2013 Completely new Water cooled GS totally re-designed and with more power.

:thumby:

Fixed :thumb

I got a Mk 2 1200 being the best balance between cost and reliability. Also the pre 08 1200 prices seem a lot for what amounts a pretty old bike.

I got the adventure because I knew anything less would feel second best. So far I've not been disappointed.

All personal opinions I'm not trying to start a mine is better than yours thread.

Failing that an early PD Airhead would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom