Mill Garages

Steve V

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am trading in my bandit and a GS is top of the shopping list. What are Mill like to deal with? I realise they wont be cheap but whats after sales etc like.

Cheers
Steve

I found them great when selling but instantly lost all interest once I left the showroom.
I gave up trying to get them to do what they promised after a year and have never been back. Would`nt touch them with a long stick.

Some people have had a different experience with them though....to be fair.

I've been v. happy with them so far (owned GS 1.5 years). Yup, servicing is a bit pricey but you get a courtesy bike (even when getting tyres fitted - had to leave the bike overnight). Never had that from Westgate Rd. Test rides have never been a problem (which is why I'm on a GS and not a KTM 950...). If I do change the GS at some time it'll be for another BM, most likely from Mill.

David

there,s not a barge pole long enough.
as for test rides on ktm 950 just go to m&s they are always more than happy if one is available.

steady away said:

as for test rides on ktm 950 just go to m&s

That's who I was referring to. Despite having bought bikes from them before, including a KTM, I kept getting fobbed off with excuses (even when there was a registered, unsold bike in the showroom). Eventually I asked Ian, and was told to try in September (this was in April...). Went to Mill, they just said to bring it back before closing time, result 1 satisfied customer.

Mill have always responded well to any issues I've had..
Georgia & I have bought 7 Bikes in 7 yrs from them.. no way they would get my business if I wasnt happy.
Service prices are no more expensive than other BMW Dealers...
Think a lot depends on attitude.. you get what you give:rolleyes:

I'm sitting here looking at £600+ worth of BMW Clothing.. brought it home for Georgia to try on.. Pay if it fit's.. if not return.. don't know of another local dealer that would do that.

Traded in my F650GS for a 1200 and got low price for 650 and paid full whack for the big'un.
The 12 is in demand and they know it.
Try selling the Bandit privately - I know it's the wrong time of year, but you could get more for it.
Steve Brown (sales) is a good sort and seems to be an enthusiast too.
Foreman mechanic (Mick, I think) and 1 other mech are Harley guys so should be good at fettling bikes and seem genuinely concerned at any problem that may arise and keen to sort it out.
GS12 came back from 1st service and replacement of ABS/servo pump (warranty) spotless.

Plus if you do pay more than you wanted just call in regularly with the whole family for free coffee, soft drinks and shortbread in the cafe - You'll soon recoup £9,500 !! :D

Chris

Mill BMW

Bought my bike from them. Paul the manager bought me a return ticket, Belfast Airport to Newcastle. :eek:

He picked me up at the airport with the option of returning me if I was not completely satisfied with the GS.

Threw me in a new rear Metzler Tourance, BMW system panniers and 6 months tax plus a full tank of fuel to get me home :D

All this worked out substantially cheaper than buying at home :cool:

Cant advise re service as I havn't been back over that way since but they were very nice and friendly to deal with. :thumb

Attachments

• mill gs.jpg
    mill gs.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 887
Dont know about bike sales,
But went in today for a simple oil pressure switch , brobabley the same for most bm bike's
didnt have one in stock. but could get one for wed:rolleyes:

I have just bought a 2005 1150 GS Adventure from Mill. They couldn't have been better. Didn't get the best price for my Ducati ST4s but its so bad i was getting ready to give it away. M&S were not interested in putting any of my problems right. I for one will be sticking with Mill from now on.

Steve, are you still looking for a GS and have you still got the Bandit ? ..... interested in a private part ex? .. I have a Blue/white 51 reg 1150 (12000 miles) with panniers, Remus can, BB powerchip ... current private sale value around £6 300 .... interested? ... post details of your Bandit here .....
Richie.

Thanks for the offer Richie but I'm going for a 1200 GS. The bandit will be in the auto trader in a couple of weeks.
Maroon Faired, 1200, X reg, T&T, Good Nik, £2500

Cheers
Steve

Mill BMW

Demo's are no problem at Mill. Brilliant service from Paul & Steve. Has any one got a very low mileage Adv for sale.

Bought two bikes from them. Issues with the first, but put that down as unlucky. However, when my new 12GS is returned six times in less than a year and Mill are uninterested in sorting it -not even replying to letters, well that speaks volumes I think. Started using Motorrad Central in Glasgow. Seem much cheaper for servicing, but far more importantly they take an interest in what they are doing. So yes, I'd recommend Motorrad over Mill any and every time.

Gotta say, when I bought my bike from them they were ace and I thought great, a top class dealer at last............until I wanted something off them that wasn't going to put wads in their pocket, then the change was instant!.....not saying I wouldn't buy from them again, but it would have to be a cracking deal and forget about after sales.

I take it all back!

I take back everything i said about Mill. They were great while doing the deal but once they had my money thay not interested. After sales service??? what service!? I will not be going back if i can help it. Will be looking for the next closest dealer for the future.:mad:

Borrachadog, I use Jeffries in Shipley, excellent service.You can make the 100 mile trip interesting going via Leyburn ,Kettlewell, and skipton.
Allways worth the trip.
Dave

know what you mean! Suggest you try Motorrad Central in Glasgow. I've now transferred all my business there, and will be buying future bikes from them.

Mill are your best mates until the money is handed over and then the attitude changes and you become an inconvenience. My bike wasn't serviced properly (i.e it wasn't serviced) the rear pads lasted 300 miles, the plugs weren't changed ,the bashplate bolts were seized so how an oil filter chage was done I do not know ,also on my first ride the gearlever fell off ! and when I complained nothing was done.
I later spoke to another member of staff not in sales who checked on the computer and I was told that Mill had never serviced the bike it having last been done by Mand S motorcyels the year before (despite a stamp in the book).
A mate bought a brand new 53 regd GS 1150 from them and despite it being returned 5 times it still surged and cut out on a regular basis (needless to say he sold it).
They are typical car dealers and as was pointed out even the most expensive bikes are in the banger category for bmw cars.
What I will say in their favour is that the spares department are on the ball not like most motorcycle dealers, but as for aftersales service forget about it.

Last time they serviced my bike they it felt so good afterwards I asked Paul S to pass on my thanks to the technician who did it.

It's in again on 4th May for the 12K/Annual, hopefully it'll be the same again. :)

Back
Top Bottom