Hello from Barnsley

Mark m0cea

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, well 25 years on from riding a 100cc Suzuki GP100 bike on L plates I'm finally getting round to taking my full bike licence.
On a recent holiday I have taken my Padi diving licence which was one item on my to do list for 25 years and I have to say I have been missing out for all those years.
Suppose some will call it a mid life crisis, but I think of it as "sh*t I'm 44 and if I don't do it now I never will".

Mark

gp100

hi mark
both must have been riding a gp100 at the same time!
catch up,well worth it
hope the test is allright
only been on this site for a short while,great forum
jon

Hi, well 25 years on from riding a 100cc Suzuki GP100 bike on L plates I'm finally getting round to taking my full bike licence.
On a recent holiday I have taken my Padi diving licence which was one item on my to do list for 25 years and I have to say I have been missing out for all those years.
Suppose some will call it a mid life crisis, but I think of it as "sh*t I'm 44 and if I don't do it now I never will".

Mark

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum.

I got back on a bike like you in my mid 40's. That was 12 years ago.
Can I suggest that you find a local IAM group and take a course after you have passed your test.
Too many jump back on bikes after many years away and live (or not) to regret it.
Take it steady.

Ian

Hi Mark,

Did exactly the same as you, GP100 on L plates when I was 17, took my bike test just short of 4 years ago when 43, had an 06 1200 ADV in the garage waiting for me, absolutely love it, 24K miles in the last 3.5 years, mainly in the the UK, one of the best things I have ever done, never mind loving the bike I have met a lot of good people on my travels.

Enjoy the learning process.

Hope to see you on the road soon.

Andrew

Welcome to UKGSer Mark :thumb

All the best with the test ... get your shirt sleeves rolled up and get stuck in ;)

:beerjug:

Get your finger out and get the test passed. We need to get an 1150 under you in time for the stag do ride up the west coast of Scotland this summer

Chris

Welcome in Mark.

Get that test done and find the bike you want.

Good luck.

Greetings Mark, welcome to the forum....:thumby:

Get that test done matey, you'll love the biking thang!!

Did my Padi 6 years ago....then my advanced 3 years ago....good thing to have to break up a beach holiday :D

I'm fairly new round here, the guys on here make you feel really welcome though. It must be something to do with turning 40 that we all get a hankering for a bike.
Good luck with your test.

Dave

I'm fairly new round here, the guys on here make you feel really welcome though. It must be something to do with turning 40 that we all get a hankering for a bike.
Good luck with your test.

Dave

Thanks Dave, with me I got to the point that I realised I work too much and there are so many thing I still want to experience that I had to start getting around to doing those things.

Nice one. When's test booked for? I'm due some time off soon so could have a run out

Chris

Back
Top Bottom