Changing the Nav V Splashscreen on startup

Andy B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone cracked this? It's pretty straight forward on the 550 and 660 but I haven't worked out how, if at all, it can be done on the Nav V.:nenau

If there is a way to define a personal splash screen I haven't found it. I'm guessing that BMW had Garmin remove that feature.

Prior to Nuvi and Zumo models you had to use a Garmin utility called x-image to do this. Can't imagine that they've gone backwards on this, but with Garmin anything's possible.

In fact I preferred x-image as it was little known and made a security screen (with contact details in case of theft/loss) somewhat more difficult/involved for thieves to defeat.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well nothing vital in the desire to personalize the splash screen but it was nice to be able to do so. The NAV5 does have the Garmin Lock security feature which I use but I don't think Garmin arbitrarily removed the ability to choose one of your JPG images as a splash screen. This is a BMW branded unit and I don't think (guessing) that BMW wants their "BMW Motorrad" removed. :nono

The only system-image that I have found that I could change is the BMW Roadside Assistance image. I preferred to have my GSA-W image rather than an X-5.

where_am_i.png
11508.png

Is it vital to change it?

No...but we all have our little peccadillos, and this lovely young lady has greeted me every time I've turned my satnav on for many years. A great way to start a day's riding;)

I don't want our relationship to come to an end!

Attachments

• Splash_Screen__05.jpg
    Splash_Screen__05.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2,823
No new info on this?
Just bought a ADV with Navigator V and can´t see how changing the splash screen could be possible:blast

There is no obvious way to do it. You'll have to rely on something else to make a statement about you.

Back
Top Bottom